or Connect

Posts by randys1

input 3 is where it was, looks much better now input 4...weird...i still dont know what arc is, you told me what the acronym means but what i dont understand is does one of the 4 hdmi inputs have that and the others dont, is that why you mentioned it?I Was Wrong!!! whoever said it was contrast? yep, i tweaked that input and if i make the picture look the way I want it to it degrades the menu and brightens the sd channel so you can see how bad it is, not at all happy...
Redoyrx fixed it for me , input 4 hdmi works better thanks again sir...this arc thing, people should know about that
thanks , was gonna try that component deal too (contrast isnt it, made many changes there and no diff) ...what i didnt know till the other day was that on component you cant get 1080P and while most of what i watch on dtv isnt some would be, so that is a bummer...clearly i wont have to live with that after spending this much money on a new sony, so i have faith a fix will happen even if that means sending it back and trying another one, which if that happens and it is an...
no it is in an hdmi input and i have tried more than one of them rebooted dtv twice already
HR24 500 I think, it is the brand new one, or one of the newer ones...The resolution is on native so it will go to the correct res for that signal, i did it manually as well and nothing improved, so res isnt it... Since the original post above, new developments...the Direct TV Guide looks deteriorated to some degree on BOTH hd and sd signals... The red isnt the right shade, the blue menu isnt the right shade of blue, the letters have little specs on them or missing...
I dont know, it is Direct TV...it is the newest version, hr24 500 i thinki dont know how i would do a passthrough, on dtv box you can either have the resolution default to the signal it is receiving, native on, or you can have that off, i have tried both waysregardless of the res, the guide itself on BOTH hd and sd is faulty...originally i said on sd only but i was wrong
new 46old 40passthrough?i dont recall seeing dimming options or ECO, I would have to have more specific info, right now I have most filters turned off, setting to vivid - and this auto or normal setting, not sure where that would bethe color of the guide, blue, different shade than on all other tvs i have and have had...the writing within the guide will have little specs of white as if it is getting noise, clearly the signal from the tv to the dtv box or vice versa is not...
replacing 3 yr old sony bought at costco, can get the model # later when i go homeno amp, just a panny soundbar is attached and the settings on the tv for hdmi messed that up so that the audio didnt work for two days, but that is fixed now based on a setting my guy changeddtv box is set to all resolutions and has native on, regardless of the res i put it on this issue exists, i have done it both on and off native so i can manually change the res...we are going to hook up...
well, it is hd i think, now that you ask...
Are you doing this on purpose? I thought I made it clear that is exactly what I am doing, at one point I said I wouldnt try and fix it i.e. i wouldnt do anything to the tv because I dont know what I am doing, but if someone here knew the problem and how to fix it they could tell me and save me and my guys time... Lets pretend I didnt say I wasnt going to fix it myself, that seems to be causing all the problems, if you or anyone else here knows this problem, has seen it...