or Connect

Posts by randys1

Quote: Originally Posted by hughh @Jag - "Way too many settings on the tv for me to deal with, my experts are coming back out thursday to see if they can fix it, if not they will make it right one way or another, i have the old sony handy that was in that room, we will hook it up to see if it looks like it did before (good) or now bad for some reason, that will tell us a lot..." Well, we know what the pq problem is. Since you do not want to bother to try...
Quote: Originally Posted by hughh No, HDMI wire will either give you an all signal or will give you sparkies and other types of noise. In other words, it's either good or bad, not at all like the old days of analog tv. What about the settings on this tv? Have you searched for and adjusted the settings accordingly? What about Blue-ray movies...do they look great? Blu ray and 3d look awesome, the pic on hi def channels on dtv look good, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by hughh You state that sd channels on DirectTv are inferior...to what? To the way they were prior to the guys making the changes to hdmi settings? Reason I ask, I am also on DirectTv and sd channels have never been anything to write home about. Did the guys make any changes to the video section of your direct box? Inferior compared to the Sony this Sony replaces, I am updating now to say that both hd and sd channels...
Hi, I have direct tv hd dvr, brand new Sony NX720 46 inch and panny soundbar, lost audio on SD channels over the weekend so guys came out and made changes to hdmi settings in the Sony, now the audio back to working but: If you look at DTV menu while on SD (non hi def) channel it looks deteriorated, like the red recording circle has little white spots, the color of the red is slightly off, if you switch to an HD channel with menu up, it all changes to the way it should...
my guys came out and made some changes to hdmi settings, so far so good on audio but picture on sd channels inferior on direct tv box...weird, work in progress i guess
there is nothing to set other than dolby or not - either way shouldnt matter and it didnt work when i was linking direct to netflix or amazon as well
now, after playing a 3d movie in the blu ray player and going back to everything else, all audio now working... obviously something wrong, i will leave it on 24/7 until the guys can come back and put old one in so i will have tv to watch, afraid if i touch too many buttons, will stop again how pathetic is that
everything, i tried turning on ONLY tv speakers,nothingfrom the tv speakers there is no audit at all on nothing, when i turn on the external speakers i get nothing from netflix/amazon/hulu/my dvr or direct tv other than maybe a hi def channel part time, never sd channeland the bluy ray player on separate hdmi input gets audio but when i use blu ray to connect to netflix, no audio...making me crazyWhen this happened i was watching amazon, i hit exit or return (dtv remote is...
yes, green hornet movie i bought, real cool looking wonder if that will have audio now
24 hours in and audio wont work on any SD channels on my direct tv, will work 35% of the time on hi def channels, wont work on ANY internet stuff like netflix very very very very very frustrated (have panny sound bar hooked up, when i turn it off completely and audio on tv speakers on, it wont work on any channels, nothing, nada, nothing)