or Connect

Posts by tcason

First of all, I apologize if this should go in the sticky CAT5 thread but this seems a little different from the general problems and that thread is not getting as much traffic these days. I'm experiencing a strange problem with my CAT5e HDMI extender setup. To make a long story short, I’ve installed a number of different extenders in my system with initial success. However, all of them have ultimately died after anywhere from a few days to several months of operation. ...
Thanks, Jeff. I really appreciate the input . . .Glad to see I wasn't just missing the point on their wiring plan.I've never used coax for audo before, so I didn't realize running digital audio back to UR over the coax was even an option. Thanks for the suggestion that may be the way I go now.Sorry for leaving that to the end. Since this is the daily TV, I'd like a stable solution. I've read through the CAT5-extender sticky-thread and have seen how hit-or-miss CAT5...
I recently bought a new construction house. I don't think the builder was that experienced with structured wiring, but then again I'm not either, so maybe I'm just missing the genius of his wiring plan. Either way, I was hoping someone could help explain to me why he may have wired the house the way he did and also answer a few questions about the best way to fix (what I believe) are some wiring errors. Wiring Summary - The vast majority of the wiring terminates in...
Newbie question -- if I want to use these for a media server, the Samsung F4 are incompatible with unRaid, right? Should I care about that?
I have a similar question -- I'd like to bitstream HD audio, but my current video card is a GeForce GTS 250. I don't currently have TMT3 and would need a copy of it or PowerDVD to playback BR rips anyway. Given all this: 1. Would I still be better off getting a capable Radeon GPU (5450? 5750?) and buying TMT separately? In other words, would I also see video improvement going from the GTS 250 to one or both of these Radeon cards or would I just be gaining...
Thanks. Does that mean my iPod plan is a fail? Or are you assuming that's not much of an improvement over using the VGA-to-component setup I already have?
First, I'll apologize as I know there are lots of threads that touch on this question for specific configurations (actually, a lot of them are dead ends with a ? and no answers), but I'd like to take a step back from where most start. If I'm completely open as to how I do it, what are all my options for getting DRMed video (purchased from iTunes, if that's not obvious) out of iTunes and onto my TV? Right now I am simply running a VGA-to-component cord between my PC...
To anyone who posted info (or o/w happens to know), can I go in to most of these places and listen without dealing with a salesperson, or at least, not have a pushy one follow me around? I expect that I ulimately will by an internet-direct setup but would like to get some reference points so (1) I'd hate to waste someone's time and (2) don't want to deal with a high-pressure pitch.
[bump] - Any other advice? Anyone?
Thanks, MLK. I looked at the SVS system but I think the left/right speaker will be too big to work under my constraints. Glad to hear you like them though. I may ultimately give up on opening the door that's creating the space constraints if it means sacrificing too much in sound quality.