or Connect

Posts by GWCR

Got kind of a late start today, but still managed to get the lower section of all the columns done. Columns on the riser. Columns up front. I don't have them attached yet, they are just setting in place. Made them out of 3/4" MDF. They are 16" wide x 6" deep. Tomorrow I will get the upper sections done. That will leave a 16"x16" space for the speakers. I'm doing the front ones the same just for looks. Once they are in and attached, I can finish up the wiring and...
Yep. Same here. Depending on the size of screen they will either send you one set of mounting hardware for the middle, or 2 sets that can be used to spread out the load for larger screens to avoid sagging in the middle.
Figures. Hope you're feeling better. The other lists never seem to get smaller for me either. Your last sentence made me realize that I'm creeping up on the one year mark of actual work on my HT in early March. I best get movin...
We do go through a single batch pretty quick too (family of 4 also). Made a double batch the first day and it took us a while, although we weren't sitting there watching a movie. I'm sure we would have gone through more if that had been the case.
Thanks Austin. Slowly but surely it is starting to resemble an HT... We got the popper off of Amazon. There are a bunch of them out there, but this one seemed like the right size for us. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NCPXBG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 I haven't quite come up with a fabric design that I like yet. Hopefully in the next few days I can post some ideas and get some feedback.
Very ingenious solution Nick! The creativity on this site never ceases to amaze me. Glad it worked for you!
If those ripples on the water were caused by the sub in your cabin, that is quite impressive...
Looking good Nick! The veneer is turning out great. I'm interested to see how you do the area above the stage with that curve. Good luck!
Thanks Nick. Pretty basic plan for the columns. They will be 16" wide by 6" deep, and made from 3/4" MDF. I'm going to do them in 3 pieces. Lower piece will be 59" tall on the stage, and 71" tall for the 2 front columns. Then a 16" piece for the speakers (same on the front columns to match, even though no speakers in those), and about 10.5" for the top piece. They will be filled with insulation. Not sure if I will paint them black, or cover with black GOM at this...
Lots of family time over the holidays and not much time off work, but I managed to get a few things accomplished in the HT. First, the gift from the Mrs. 4oz tabletop popcorn machine. Works great and the Great Northern Popcorn premeasured packs taste just like movie theater corn IMO. Now on to the theater updates. Cut the vent holes for the riser, and wired up the step lights. Installed the brackets for the surround speakers. Installed 2 layers of Linacoustic RC...