or Connect

Posts by nickCR

Hello All! So I was searching around for a good headset to use on my PC since I got some Turttle Beach Z6A headphones and they had great sound but really horrible build quality (under 30 days and they broke). In my search I was recommended the Sennheiser PC360 and a X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card. I currently have on-board sound: RealtekĀ® ALC892 8-Channel. In reading a little more I discovered tons of people talking about a headphone amp as a must have. The...
Does that process not cause any problems? I mean if I install WHS2011 on my desktop won't all the drivers and everything be for my desktop? Also can that machine do RAID? How would I setup the array with WHS being on one drive?
After I wrote that I was thinking the same thing. What about a NAS case with the Hot Swap ports? Any recommendations?
I'm not against the WHS, but the cost of that without drives is going to be pricey. You'll need a WHS license the case, MB, chip, ram, psu, etc... Just seems like so many things that could go wrong. But yes I agree, not time to buy HDD's with the issue out in SE Asia right now. Also this has a lot of promise too: QNAP TS-419PII-US
Hello All, A buddy of mine, needs a NAS for Media and backup storage. He bought my old DNS-323 NAS and has already run out of space on the two 1TB drives (RAID1). I'm trying to help source a new solution for him. He is not inclined enough to be fiddling around with the software or hardware. He just wants to push the power and go. So that is why I would like a pre-built NAS solution. Some questions I've seen commonly asked in other NAS threads:His biggest file is 8GB and...
Funny found this thread with Google. My TV is the L42U30 but as you know it's essentially the same since my manual has this model on it as well. I have to say it's a spectacular TV for viewing movies or playing games. However as a PC Monitor is sucks. I can get a 'decent' picture through the VGA but there are still small blurry spots and i'm not sure why. I have spent easily 10 hours trying to make this work with HDMI (tried every port, every settings, every option,...
Not an option unfortunately I hooked up the HTPC and sure enough it's the same result. There is still a halo effect and the saturation of the colors is very high. But only in the really bright colors ( they look almost flourecent ). I have tried playing with the color setting but once I get it to remove the flourecent look it desaturates the other colors to much. I did get a lot of the halo removed by turning on "Video NR". However red looks like "Dark Red" for some...
Hey Guys, Thanks for your responses! I had the sharpness at 0.. Put it to 50/100 and still the same effect. Maybe i'll haul the HTPC up to the new display and see if it looks the same as it does downstairs. Maybe my computer has some color profile that it is trying to use. Where do I find the Contour emphasis option?
So I recently posted about my new L42U30 not providing me with the correct picture quality. Finally I have it in the native resolution in 'game' mode with overscan off. I still have some problems with the colors being way to vivid and bright greens or blues almost appear to be 'glowing'. I don't have anything on for motion or panel compensation. White on black looks perfect, but black on grey also has a slight glow. I am currently running an EVGA 8800GTS 512. Would...
UPDATE. I got this working 100%. After messing around with all the settings this is what I did. I searched google for l42u30 calibration and got the settings from a site. Then I went into the menu aspect adjustments menu and changed HD Size to "Size 2" this eliminated the Overscan and then got everything working nice. The calibration settings I got though are WAY to harsh there was a pinkish / red (pale) on my monitor looked florescent pink. So I turned down the color...