or Connect

Posts by Madaeel

I was using XLR's and I have the Sherbourn PT-7030 so that wasn't a problem with mine. I know others including Archaea have had success but they weren't using XLR's right? Are you using XLR's now? Does it hum with just the speakers connected? I'm no EE either but through the process of elimination you should still be able to narrow down which component is the culprit. One way or another we'll figure it out.
Yah sorry I was gonna respond earlier but didn't get a chance. Anywho, yes the XPA is *dead* quiet. I hear absolutely nothing with my ear right next to the speaker and I could hear the hum from the Sherbourn 10ft away. I changed absolutely nothing. Same circuit, same connections(which were just the speakers themselves and that typically indicates a bad amp). As soon as I hooked up one channel to the 7-350 I had hum and some speakers were louder then others. My right back...
Anytime. I wouldn't worry about it. There were people who had the hum and it went away just by using XLR cables which people swear shouldn't make a difference on short runs......Then were plenty of people who had no problems whatsoever. From what I've seen firsthand Emotiva has amazing CS and will take care of you if you have a problem. Just make sure to let us know how yours is working once you get it.You sound like the Devil man haha. Actually I was *seriously*...
Well I talked to Andy at Emotiva and they're gonna refund my money for the 7-350 except for shipping if they can't replicate the hum. That's fine with me since they told me it was past the point they usually refund a customers money. Andy was great to work with and also Nick who is head of sales. They were very understanding of my situation and frustration. This is how customer service is supposed to be. I wish all companies treated customers like this. I'm gonna keep the...
Yah after I heard the hum I googled to see if anyone else had a problem with a hum and of course I saw you and a couple other guys saying you did too. My speakers sensitivity are 91-92db so I can understand a little hum if I'm right next to it but not clear as day 10ft away. It's hooked to its own dedicated 20A circuit with nothing else plugged in. The fact the receiver and XPA-5 have absolutely no hum though eliminates everything except the amp. Unless I'm missing...
Well I've had a nightmare time with my PA 7-350 so far. I bought the amp in August of 2013 when they had the sale for $999 and I'm starting to think all of these "ground loop hums" that people are still having are actually problems with the amps themselves... I was still in the process of finishing my basement back then but I didn't wanna pass up this deal. You can't get a 7 channel amp that puts out a clean 350w/channel anywhere, and now I think I know why. So in...
Dammit. I was afraid you'd say that. Thanks Beast. I take it then the 15" would be no different and need more around 4cuft per driver? I'm thinking of buying one and sending it to Josh if he has time to test it. I'm curious where it'd stack up with the other drivers in Dom's ULF ratings
Yah I like the thread Dom. You always come up with some great ideas. Wish I lived a little closer to hear those 21's.No I meant I saw your numbers for the XXX say it's 8.5db at 10hz over the SI but it says in an optimal box. I know Josh always said its numbers from DB would be higher with a larger box so I was just wondering what box size WinISD gave you for those numbers. I take it you meant with the Qtc at .707?I'm actually waiting to hear from someone who might be able...
Hey Dom what is the optimum box size WinISD recommends for the RE XXX?
Actually the drywall should be started Monday the 16th, and I was told it should only be a week to hang and finish. After that I'll do some painting and then the hardwood will go in. Progress is finally happening!