or Connect

Posts by Mustang_Cougar

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum...didn't know if this should go in "Recorders" or "Technical." Anyway, I just switched from DirecTV to Comcast and, in the course of goofing off w/the new Motorola unit, I noticed that I can't set the program grid to default only to my favorite channels...unlike w/my old DirecTV H15. Am I missing something here? Is there anyway to remove the channels I don't watch? Pressing the channel up/down button scrolls through...
Having been a DirecTV SD subscriber w/the old, horrible HR15, I've been offered a great deal (at least it seems that way now) by Comcast...Digital Preferred package w/HD-DVR at $51/month for 1 year. Effectively, I'm getting a one year waiver on the $16/month DVR lease. Plus, they are throwing in one premium package (HBO, etc) for free. I called DirecTV (retention) and tried to play them off the Comcast offer; alas, they only knocked $100 off the $199 HR20/21/22 and $10...
Well, I ordered from Costco...should be here tomorrow. BTW: This model is no longer listed on the Costco website (and it was never offered in-store); R.I.P.
Since Costco has been bombarding me with email ads about this TV ($580, including S/H & sales tax), I thought I might give it a try. However, for about the same price at Wallyworld ($578), I can get a similar RCA model (L40FHD41). Now granted I'm a newbie here, but aren't the RCA and Proscan monikers owned by Thompson and use Samsung panels? In otherwords, is there any reliability "cache" for RCA anymore...or should I go with the "no name" Proscan and take advantage of...