or Connect

Posts by Dan__

That Monster Unit doesn't seem that bad. My main question about it for you would be if you can tolerate the plug spacing. There is very little room for "wall warts" if you have any. Make sure because that unit is pretty small and there is little space for large plugs. It is a "pretty" unit, however.If you can hide the unit in the back, or if aesthetics are less important, you might also consider the Monster HTS 1000 MKIII 8-Outlet Power Center, which handles a lot more...
> Denon X4000 Receiver Excellent receiver with Audyssey XT32. Look up JD Smoothie and PM him here for a good sale price (Denon Authorized). >Wharfedale Can make good stuff, not that familiar though. Reportedly laid back and warm, which would suit me. But will it suit you? You should check out the Wharfedale threads, and try to find a place to listen to them. Speakers are very personal. Listen to a few carefully. You will here differences. >Monster MP HTS 1600...
You don't have a lot of furniture shown, so I'm assuming the rest is flexible. Audio is a little improved if firing down the long way, and centered L/R in the room (well, centered along the projection axis). (See http://realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm) However, it depends on whether you are willing to block a window. Also, going the long way would better allow you to do 7.1 if you like. And of course you need to answer the question, do you want to watch TV from bed...
Thanks. I've read a lot of that site, but I'm still a little unsure. I was kind of hoping for a readers digest version for my particular issues. Will read some more. And contact them. Thanks.
I'm no expert, but I'll try to be at least slightly useful :-).250-500 Hz is more midrange than bass, but if your ears are hearing bass buildup, from what I gather, your best bet is tothave as much thick treatments in the corners as you can have, and I would think treatment closer to the source would be preferred. Again, from what I can gather, prefer thicker pieces of panel over more thin pieces.And you should also consider getting a calibrated mic and using Room EQ...
Thanks - it seems useful for room treatments as well.
Ok, thanks!
Do the different modes have the same amplitude? I.e. are any more important than the others?I guess what I'd like to know is, would 2/5ths or 3/5th, be ok spacing? I could work with that.
Speaker Positioning This is partially dependent on where the couch winds up going, but and I've seen the THX Guide, which seems mostly straight forward, but leaves open a few questions: How do I place the rear surrounds, which are in-ceiling? (The Omnican tweeters are pointable, BTW.) Is there another resource I should consider? How about if we sit fairly far back (aka) 13 ft or so? Where do I expect to place the Sub? I can reasonably easily route multiple cables at...
Sound Treatment Panels/Bass Traps Floor will be carpeted, there will be a large probably leather sofa, and maybe 1 or 2 other soft pieces of furniture. How much treatment should I expect to need? I was thinking something along the lines of 2 modest corner bass traps, and maybe the equivalent of 4 to 6 2x4' 2" panels - does that seem appropriate? Where do I best place them. Do I need anything on the ceiling? I may need something around the dart boards to protect the...