or Connect

Posts by Limp Fox

i bet ladies drop there panties when they enter
Not sure if I needed a 7.2 setup but thouight perhaps it would work out the best to where I wouldn't have to upgrade for awhile. I was looking for the best receiever I could afford on my budget and luckily got this Onkyo. So perhaps me going 7.X was not 100% best but reading on here how lots of people have 7 speakers I thought I'd be good to go and well pleased. Btw my HT won't be done for awhile since I didn't start it yet seeing how I been trying to get all the...
I heared the 660's and I liked them. The 660's and everyone's reviews of other Jamo models is what turned me on to Jamo. I was going to purchase 4 but decided to get the S line. I am not sure how they compare to the Polks b/c personally I never listened to Polk in a HT sense, it's always been in a car, but I do know Jamo's are pretty sweet! We got some good AV experts on here and I am sure some one here will be able to chime in. GL Judd
I just purchased a Onkyo TX-NR807 7.2 Receiver to power these Jamo's I still need a sub and two more speakers to clinch the 7.2 mark. Right now has you can see from my sig or posting(s) above I have just 5 Jamo Speakers. I'd like to know two things. One what other two speakers would you all advise that I get to complete this package? Should I stay S series or go another route? Should I get two more towers or two more bookshelfs for best results? The second thing I'd...
Stupid question I'm sure. The latest firmware I have is from june. Obviously its way out dated. Do I need to update each firm ware in order or can I just update using the most recent posted; sep? Thanks judd
The room will be about 15x20 Price range is $800usd or so... give or take a little Has far has the title I just meant power wise. Sorry I wasn't to clear. I was looking at the Onkyo TX-NR807 then some one over in the Jamo thread at AVForums mentioned the Onkyo HT-RC180 is a pretty good contender so I started comparing there. I noticed they have about the same specs but watt wise the 807 has about 35 more per channel but I wasn't sure how much of a big deal it was since...
Like the title says, do you? I have Jamo S506, S502 and S60 speakers an am looking for a Receiver to power them. The Receiver will be hooked up to my 50" 1080p plasma till I get the pana 4000u pj, hooked up to my xbox 360, my Oppo BDP-83 and my HD Direct TV box all via HDMI. So I will be using it for a bit of everything has you can see. I'm going for the 7.x set up and will be buying two more speakers and a sub or two and don't see myself getting a amp till way...
AFROGT I measure the area I am going to be working with minus a few feet for the length and width since I'd like a in wall AV set up and since I have some water piping I need to build around. The measurements are has follows: 21' Length 18' Width Height is going to be about 7' 5" except for the center of the room where there is HVAC hardware running with a foundation beam. In that area it's only going to yield me about 6' 4" after I'd box around it. Perhaps that...
AFROGT, I will measure the area were looking to work with tomorrow and report back Lewlewis, what Onkyo are you using? I see some nice ones go for $600 new on ebay and then some $8-900 ones. Not sure if I really need a Onkyo that networks. I'm guessing it means it has wireless capabilities? If so that's cool, but when I build my HT room I will have a connection in there any way. I seen a nice Onkyo TXNR-807 unit for $800 but wasn't sure if there was one that would work...
lewlewis, those speakers are insane. I love how there open and designed in the back. Can I have visitation with them? haha. The two subs you have are very nice. I was thinking about ditching the 7.1 ideal for a 7.2 so I can have two subs and your making me want to do it. What kind of subs are they?