or Connect

Posts by Jed1

The only thing that is bothering me time wise is in Pennsylvania you can no longer dispose of any electronics in the trash. We have electronic recycling in my county but they have it on April 19th instead of in June. They are also not charging the $50 fee for TVs so I can get rid on my RCA DLP and possibly this Kuro for nothing next month. I might also box up this Kuro and save it for parts if I have a problem with my other Kuro. Of course that is assuming the main...
I am thinking that it will store some type of data from the other internal settings in the displays service menu. I was reading another thread on 8G and 9G Kuros and it has this warning in the first post.http://www.avsforum.com/t/1510500/pioneer-8g-9g-kuro-reset-guideI most likely will never do what these guys are doing but I wonder why it will be trouble if the main assembly board is replaced.
I had a main board fail in my 5010 last week and even though Pioneer Parts says that the main assembly board is in stock my status shows that the part is on back order. I tired calling today but I keep getting a message that they are in training and to call back later. I hope that the part is available even at $900 because if it isn't then anybody who has this problem will have to throw the TV away as it will never get fixed. This seems to be the number one part that fails...
Ruh Roh! I ordered the main assembly board off of Pioneers site on Monday and it states on the order that the part is back ordered even though it says that it is in stock from the list of parts. I tried calling Pioneer Parts and I get a message stating that there is training for two hours and to call back later. My bedroom 5010 will not get past the TV is starting up and shuts down and flashes the 12 blue blinking lights. This happened last week. It is sad if I can not get...
Ruh Roh! I ordered the main assembly board off of Pioneers site on Monday and it states on the order that the part is back ordered even though it says that it is in stock from the list of parts. I tried calling Pioneer Parts and I get a message stating that there is training for two hours and to call back later. I hope this does not end up like the World Wide search for parts that I put up with RCA almost 10 years ago. There never was any parts found and I was fortunate...
I have been reading through the 5010 service manual and no matter what circuit on the main board is bad it is advised to change the board. The manual also recommends that you reset to the TV to its factory defaults after you change the board. I am wondering if any body who had the board changed done the reset? The manual shows where all the different screws go and what sequence to reinstall and tighten them when reassembling. I plugged the set in today after it was...
Your Welcome! I hope you do not need to use the parts list but it is available if needed. I am just about a half century old and lived in Frackville all my life but it is rapidly becoming like Radiator Springs in the Cars movie. Not much here anymore not even decent jobs. I have to do the repairs to my TV myself as it will be way to expensive to have a pro fix it. A few years ago I had a repairman come to my home to look at my DLP set and he told me to throw it in the...
There is buttons on the remote that can bring up certain menus but if you hit any button that is related to inputs, TV Guide, channel buttons the TV is starting up message appears and will shut off after about a minute and get the 12 blinking blue lights after you power up the TV.These posts are similar to what I am seeing but the poster describes he get 8 blinking lights before the 12. I also can not see the factory reset menu as it is just a black screen and the TV will...
Your Welcome! I am glad I can help. Tribune Media Services is really on the ball about doing the listings update. It used to take at least a month or so to get Rovi to update their listings when TVGOS was still going.
Well I guess I can be added to the list of 5010 owners whos Kuro won't start up and flashes the 12 blinking lights. I accidently hit the TV Guide button last night and when I tried to exit the screen I ended up with a black screen. I got the picture back by shutting off and turning the TV back on. I have my TiVo connected to HDMI input 5. So today I decided to unplug the set and let it restart to see if it would correct the issue and when I plugged the TV back in and...