or Connect

Posts by Jed1

I just did what you recomended but it still happens. I always empty my cookies, browsing history, and files everyday. Also I shutdown my computer everyday. I just noticed when I went to check this post I right clicked the back arrow and the links were not there. I clicked back to the Platform Launch Help and Discusions section and then right clicked the back arrow and I had about six facebook links. I clicked the forward arrow to go back to this thread and When I right...
I found one annoying problem with the new site and I think it is related to ads. I am using Windows 7 64 bit with IE9. I am also using Norton Internet Security 2012. If I am reading a thread and I try to back out using the back button on my mouse nothing happens. If I right click the back arrow on the browser it shows one of two things. 1: http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd.arbiter.php?version7 then followed...
I found one annoying problem with the new site and I think it is related to ads. I am using Windows 7 64 bit with IE9. I am also using Norton Internet Security 2012. If I am reading a thread and I try to back out using the back button on my mouse nothing happens. If I right click the back arrow on the browser it shows one of two things. 1: http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd.arbiter.php?version7 then followed...
Mike, Thanks I will post in one of those threads
I like the new look especially now that I can change the background color. My conundrum is if I pick the black background I have to use my reading glasses to see the white print. And if I use the light colored background I can see the print but now I can see the floaters in my eyes. If you can avoid it don't get old.
If you do reseat the cablecard, do this before you reset the guide. Just do the TVGOS reset not the full bomb.
Your best bet is to go directly to Rovi as they will know where the problem is. If comcast upgraded your headend and is prepared to go all digital then it is unlikely but not impossible that they have an inserter. It is possible that comcast has a fiber feed coming from the broadcast stations and if the TVGOS data stoppage was with the OTA transmision then it would keep working on cable. It is also possible that some of comcasts equipment is corrupting the TVGOS data. The...
You might have one of two problems. The guide data is corrupted and you need to reset the guide back to its factory defaults and let it build a new grid, especially if there was recent inserter issues. The other problem can be that the OOB (out of band) frequency for your cablecard has an intermitent signal issue. Usually the OOB frequency is 75.250 MHz and is located between RF channel 4 and RF channel 5. This is also called the Forward Data Carrier (FDC) and is how the...
Comcast in this case probably does not have a TVGOS inserter in their headend. The problem with the clock is happening with the data coming from Rovi to the TVGOS inserter at KIRO. You have to contact Rovi or have the engineer at KIRO contact Rovi about the problem. Here is the email contact for TVGOS with Rovi.CE_customer_support@rovicorp.com You will have better luck contacting Rovi. If you keep bothering the broadcast station, management can terminate the contract with...