or Connect

Posts by Jed1

If you didn't get on the Priority List then you have to wait. I didn't get the update on my two Premiere 4s yet either. If you do not want to wait then you can try signing up on the Priority List:http://www.tivo.com/priorityIf you did sign up on the list and did not receive the update then you should contact TiVo Margret as a lot of those who did sign up fell into a black hole at TiVo and got lost.You can also check out this thread over on the TiVo Community...
I agree with your observations as I suspect Sony found an easy out when it was reported that the LPCM work around made the audio work correctly. I haven't heard if the rerelease of the "Mastered in 4k" Total Recall has the issue. It seems that this release has only the theatrical cut on the disc. It is a shame because this movie has a very active sound track and makes the movie worth watching.What made me think of the up conversion chips is the OPPO 103 with QDEO on HDMI 1...
I just got the Sony release of Total Recall and it played in the 320 with out any audio drop outs. I got some occasional drop outs using my OPPO BDP 83 and a severe amount of drop outs using my LG BH 200. Has anybody tried this movie in the 320 before the current update? I am wondering if one of the fixes was for this issue as the audio drop outs are happening with certain Disney titles also.
Holy audio drop outs batman! I tried my LG BH 200 with Total Recall and the audio drop outs was so bad and numerous that it was easier to count the times when the audio worked. I changed the audio output on the player to multi channel LPCM and the audio was fine.I am wondering if the cause of the dropouts is the up conversion chips in these players. My BH 200 has the Marvell QDEO chip in it and the OPPO BDP 83 has the ABT chip in it. I looked through the dedicated thread...
It seems to me it is always the core Blu ray supporters, Sony, Disney, and Fox, whom I like to call the "Usual Suspects", that always cause playback issues with the players.
I just got Total recall and of course I have the audio drop outs when using bitstream on my BDP 83, but when I play it in my Pioneer BDP 320 I have no issues at all. I will be hooking up my LG BH 200 today and see it that player will work with bitstream. I do not understand why one player can play these questionable titles with out incident and another player can not. It seems to me that it is always the core Blu Ray disc supporters, Sony, Disney, and Fox, whom I like to...
Yes LPCM does work but why can't the OPPO bitstream these titles with out issue while other players as old as the BDP 83 can? Even the 103 series players are having trouble. I haven't tried my BH 200 yet, which is from 2007, but if that player can play these titles without incident then it does not make OPPO look to good. I understand that the OPPOs do a lot of things but their primary duty is to spin shiny discs first and foremost.
Speaking of the Sony version of Total Recall I just got this movie from Amazon for under $10. I tried it in my Oppo BDP 83 and I ran into the audio drop outs. In fact I tried the Directors Cut and at the 9 minute mark when they are going through the fall I had no audio at all for about 2 minutes. Today I decided to try this on my system in the bedroom using my Pioneer BDP 320 and I had no problems at all. I tried both versions and had no issues at all. I then decided to...
There is some good prices on new leftover Premiere models. I should pick one up for my sister for Christmas. I am in no hurry for the update as my two TiVos are doing everything I wanted them to do. I hope the update doesn't muck that up. I have the Netgear router with Tivo storage. I did try it out a few months ago with my external HP drive and it did show up in the TiVo menu but I did not muck around with it to see how it worked. I just checked Zap2It and it is really...
I see you got another TiVo. Is it a two or four tuner model? I have my two Premiere 4s set up with my wired gigabit network and everything works perfectly. Did you get the fall update yet? I didn't get it yet as I didn't sign up for it on the priority list.