or Connect

Posts by Jed1

Hi Joe, If you do not want the antenna I'll give it a try and see if I can get anything at my house.
Trip, Thanks for the advice. I see that W08EE-D signal is actually coming from Clarksburg, WV. Market 144.
Trip, According to TV Fool WGAL is 2edge and is 54.6 miles and W08EE is LOS and is 40.8 miles and is possible to get with a good indoor antenna. Should be no interference at all. Can you recommend a good indoor antenna and also update your TVGOS list to include market 119 Hagerstown Maryland as it is not listed.
WHP HD out of Harrisburg is the TVGOS host but it is very difficult to receive because of mountains blocking the signal. Some people in south central PA have a better chance of receiving the TVGOS host out of Baltimore. Chambersburg is about 45 miles from Harrisburg with no line of site and Baltimore is 58 miles and also has no line of site. If I could get a lock on WHP I will need to have a Artec converter box as my RCA DLP can not fully use TVG1 data. I told her to give...
My sister who lives in Chambersburg PA and has comcast cable just got a response from Rovi that Comcast in Central PA is going all digital and will no longer be converting the SCTE 127 legacy stream back to analog. This means that all TVGOS devices from Version 8 and under will no longer work unless the user gets a DTV PAL or a Artec convertor box and tries to get the TVGOS signal from an antenna. Also it appears that Comcast is grooming out the TVG1 stream from the...
With BD Live turned on and hooked to the internet, it took between a minute to a minute and a half to get to the top menu on the Phantom Menace. I had no audio or video glitches through the whole movie. Being a Fox title I had my finger and toes crossed when I put the disc into the player. I was releaved when it loaded and played with out a glitch. I am running the current firmware and I am bitstreaming to my Onkyo receiver. I aways clear the persistant storage before...
I have been watching the bursts since february to september 9th and the sequence of the packets and the number of packets stay constant. I was playing around with your simulator and I noticed that the number of different packets I get in the bursts is the same as the number of flags (bits) needed to set the host. Here is what I posted in february:Link to post:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...ostcount=22949 This pattern remained the same up until I lost all digital...
Mark, I was just wondering if the two unknown bits are the Lineup Packets and the LineupSel packets?
In my case there is only two ladies that answer the phones as my cable company is privately owned. It was the higher ups, management and engineering, that were making these suggestions because nobody could figure out what was wrong. It also didn't help that there was dissaray over a recent upheavel in the company after 60 years. One sibling sold two of his divisions to each of the other two siblings. My division is owned by one sibling but the other division where my head...
Quote: Originally Posted by c03bra Sorry I guess I should have said I am on cable (comcast). I was getting data from a digital PBS channel prior to them moving it What makes me feel like something is wrong with my dvr... on the "753" menu when I go to the "section ATSC-ATSC Slicer" page here is what I see.. Everything is 0 except: PAT 4839 under the "since" column and 1 under the "currC" column PMT 34322 under since and 4 under CurrC Total...