or Connect

Posts by Jed1

I remember now that it tuned to channel 135. As Joe Kustra mentioned SE puts a copy of their bulletin board channel on 134 or 135 as a test channel. I also have duplicates of channels in my cablecard lineup. I also have some channels that nobody else has. My chief engineer has tried to fix this for a few years but he can not stop the equipment in the headend from doing this. This only happens with the devices that use cablecards. Your right if it is working in your favor...
This is correct. With a CableCard installed you can tune to the Virtual Channel assignment that was downloaded from your cable provider when the card was authorized. According to page 84 of the DHG owners manual ( http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DHGHDD250-500rev2.pdf ) the DHG can tune to virtual channels 1-999. This also means that any virtual channel assignment of 1000 and above the DHG can not tune to. The only thing I see odd with the specs for the DHG is that it...
Two interesting articles that came about after the netflix price increases and the rising cost to access content for netflix.http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...ce-hike_n.htm# Some interesting quotes from the article:http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20...ix-price-hike/ Some interesting quotes from this article:Like I said in my previous post you are not going to win this battle with the content owners. As they lose revenue from the loss of cable/sat subs they will make...
I think you guys are missing two critical points. 1. If you are using cable or DSL for internet then you really don't cut the cord. 2. No matter what content provider you chose, Netflix, Blockbuster, Cable/Satellite, OTA, Bluray/DVD, you still are paying the same content owners for the content. And it is the content owners who set the price. If they lose money on cable/sat channels then they will charge the streaming companies more to make up for the loss. Here is a...
Since you live in a big city try changing your zip code to one that surrounds you. The cities usually have zip code in sequence like 10001, 10002, 10003, etc. If you have zip codes in sequence then try the first one. The zip codes that worked with analog TVGOS might not work with digital TVGOS as the DMA statistics have changed and Rovi used the updated stats for the digital stream.
Hi Joe, In the short run we will be ok as we have analog inserters in the headends but as of late february of next year the cable companies can remove the remaining analog channels and replace them with digital. When SECV decides to do this is the mystery. At that point we are doomed as it relates to TVGOS as our DMA has no inserter and from the indications I got from some of the engineers at our broadcast stations we may never have TVGOS again. What I don't know is when...
Your Welcome! I can not beleive it but somebody from corporate replied to my inquiry and said that TVG1 should be working and my sister needs to do a new channel scan for the guide to work. The problem is my sister is using a cablecard and you can not do a channel scan. I mentioned that she has a cablecard a few times in the email. They did say that they moved WHP HD to a new RF channel location about the time I said the guide stopped working but they did not mention if...
My sister who lives in chambersburg and also has comcast has lost her analog TVGOS that was on WHP channel 6. This has happened around the beginning of may. The TVGOS problem has nothing to do with quadature amplitude modulation. My sister has the same problem as she is 40+ miles out from the towers and has no line of site. The problem is comcast is stripping out the TVGOS data from WHP HD feed from Harrisburg. Comcast is apparently running their broadcast channels...
I think you are confusing content owners with content providers. It is the content owners who determine if a broadcast flag for CCI is going to be used. The FCC has no control what the content owners do with their content. The cable/sat companies and even netflix are only content providers and have no control over how the content is going to be used by the consumer. Here is a list of all the major broadcast, cable, and satellite channels in the US and who owns...
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonvr Unfortunately my TV just turned off again jasonvr, Did you clear out the reset info because if you did not this will keep occuring. I need you to check to see if the reset info is cleared. There should be only one entry in the reset info error tracker and it will have a current date. You have to enter the TVGOS diagnostics screen and then using your scroll pad arrow up one time and left one time. Here is the...