or Connect

Posts by Jed1

Hi Joe, Its not my intent to scare you but to keep you informed of what maybe coming your way right down the road. When it comes to the transport of content, from the source to you, it is always about the three B's. Bandwith, Bitrate, and most importantly Bucks ($$$$). I was going to buy the Moxi if I didn't get my guide working but was told by an engineer about the move to MPEG 4 so I am not purchasing anything until I see how this will pan out. There is no CE product on...
Looking at your channel line up and the amount of channels TWC has, I don't know why they are still broadcasting all these channels in analog. It would have been a lot cheaper to distribute DTA's to all the legacy analog subscribers instead of using SDV. It is not uncommon for management/sales people not to understand the complexities of digital cable. These people they have employed are throwbacks to the analog days when there wasn't very many problems with analog tvs and...
Your Welcome! I also fixed the broken link. Try it now.
If the TV shuts off and the blue light blinks twelve times and keeps cycling and then stops when you turn the TV back on is related to corrupted guide data. This happens with my two 5010s and my RCA DLP. Actually the problem that causes this is Rovi changing the data for the guide. This usually ends up as a 0x800a error. If you do not do a full reset of the guide the error will keep occuring over and over again. Here is the procedure to reset the guide: When you do the...
My sister TVGOS data has stopped on the 4/26/2011. She also has comcast in Chambersburg PA. The worst thing is she has no listings data since 11/23/2009 and Rovi actually gave up on fixing it and closed the case saying that they fixed the problem. My digital data lost its host schedule packets about the same time. All other data is there but the guide doesn't know when to download anything so it is always stuck in grid building mode. This inserter is in my cable company's...
The tiling issue has been fixed but it took until the end of April. The problem was in the headend, just as I suspected. The reason it took so long is everything was blamed for the problem including my equipment. First they replaced my tap and when that didn't solve the issue they claimed it was my tvs with cable cards that had the problem. So I made them put a HD STB in my house and low and behold the issue was occuring with the STB. They even said that they were not...
Thanks for the information. I am sorry I did not reply sooner as I didn't get a notification that somebody replied to my post.
Videobruce, Is this your cable line up?http://www.timewarnercable.com/includes/clu/CLU_553.pdfhttp://www.timewarnercable.com/north...3&Image1=&Zip= In this case it is not unusual for TWC to have analog channels in their CC line up as well as their HD set top boxes. Even the top of the line Cisco SA boxes (8600 series) has analog tuners in them. Why TWC is keeping all those analogs is beyond me as it would have been much cheaper to take down the analogs instead of using SDV...
My cable company has a master agreement with HBO which dates back to 1974. My cable company uses WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). So if they are receiving a feed from the source at say 12 million bits per second then they basically pass it on to the subscriber at a slightly higher rate than they receive it. This is why you see 3 HDs per channel sometimes. Right now HBO HD and Cinemax HD is coming off the birds at about 12 million bits per second. It doesn't do any...
My old RCA DLP did this on the SD digital cable channels but my Pioneer Kuros does not. The Pioneers have a lot better and advanced processors in it than the RCA did.As I stated, this is only happening on HBO HD and Cinemax HD which both now are MPEG 4 and coming off the same satellite from the source. Besides, people who have Direct TV are seeing the same issue.