or Connect

Posts by Jed1

I seen this a while ago but never got around to posting this. I never knew that Rovi owned a majority interest in Norpak Corp who makes the inserters for TVGOS. Rovi must have aquired Norpak when they bought Gemstar.http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/104922And apparently samsung was also part owner of Norpak according to this article from July of 1996.http://www.transmitter.com/pr/norp0796.html
I seen this a while ago but never got around to posting this. I never knew that Rovi owned a majority interest in Norpak Corp who makes the inserters for TVGOS. Rovi must have aquired Norpak when they bought Gemstar.http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/104922And apparently samsung was also part owner of Norpak according to this article from July of 1996.http://www.transmitter.com/pr/norp0796.html
Joe, If you go to secable.com and click on the wilkes barre link it now takes you to the allentown SE. There has been no updates to the mahanoy link since the sale was announced in late January. They are now changing the wilkes barre channel assignments to fit with the allentown SE. Your division is really advanced compared with my division and allentowns. SECV is starting to use MPEG 4 equipped boxes and are upgraded to DOCSIS 3 specs for internet. SECV is even more...
WS65711, What is the build date on your V9? It is located on the first screen. My build date on my V9 is February 27th 2007. I was thinking that my V9 is more closely related to the V8 guides and your V9 is more closely related to the new V10 guides. My V9 is an 8 day guide with out the ability to record and your V9 is a daily guide just like the V10 guides.
The type 97 downloads never made much sense to me. Like I said in my previous post it would give me 1 of each packet and all the HostSuFlags, if building a grid, but no grid or just 1 of each packet with a grid. This happens in the first 2 minutes of the download but there will be nothing after that. You still need a type 27 download to get a grid if you get all the HostSuFlags during the type 97 download. When building a grid, my V9 gets all of its grid data and ad data...
The last time I did a full reset and watched it rebuild the grid it ignored the burst data. But I did this before the last schedule change in november. I remember that I didn't get any packets in the VBI stats screen during the type 81 download. All the data did go in the C good column on the ATSC splicer screen but I couldn't see where it was being applied. The only thing that was noticable was that the internal clock was set to GMT time. It was during the type 27...
I checked out the bursts at a few different times of the day and as Mark has mentioned the bursts are the same every time. As also mentioned I get a zipcode packet at the top and bottom of each minute except during a burst and when there is a scheduled down load. I recorded the sequence of the bursts and the number of packets on my V9 Pioneer tv. 1. zip code packet 1 2. time zone packet 1 3. image frag packet 18 4. station packet 3 5. lineupsel packets 165 6....
WS65711, You do have analog TVGOS data available to you but the data is corrupted. Any number in TotFrTape indicates that. Being that the picture shows it on the VBI stats screen indicates a problem with the analog data and if you see any number in TotFrTape on the ATSC splicer screen then that indicates that the digital data is corrupted. Your cable provider either has an analog inserter in their headend or they are converting the SCTE 127 data to analog. You have an...
Release Information: Release date: August 24, 2010. Category: Public Beta Version Main Version: BDP83-52-0816B Loader Version: BE2731 or BT0431 Sub Version: MCU83-27-0326 Release Notes: This public beta version works for both the standard BDP-83 and the BDP-83 Special Edition. This version is designed for both the standard BDP-83 and the BDP-83 Special Edition. Comparing to the previous official release version BDP83-50-0424, the major changes included in...
Welcome to the world of HDCP. I got rid of all my analog cables this summer since I no longer have any equipment without HDMI.