or Connect

Posts by jilla60

I did try power save as well. But if you switch constantly between movies/sports, then Auto will do better than that. It is like do you want optimum settings for one type of thing (like movies only or sports only) or do you want nearly optimum for all settings. We settled for the later as we watch widely different programs which probably requires different optimal settings for each of them. We let the computer chip pick the appropriate setting required for the room...
Actually under the Auto feature if the scene requires backlight on it turns it on & switches some panels off if not required. It is all about how much backlight is required for a particular scene. In NFL games I watched in the night, it was on for the whole game even under Auto setting and an ad for a movie/serial came on and it automatically adjusted. I am going by my eyes (& my wife's watchful eyes as well ) and not by some numbers run by a machine and I tell you my...
No actually they are better. Under Dynamic Pictures pop out & give you an artificial high contrast but under Auto setting they appear more natural as you would see them with naked eyes
You can call that. The pictures do POP in dynamic mode(s) but in Auto/movie/game setting you don't see that.
No. Actually they improve. Since this feature adjusts not only for the lighting in the room (actually the lighting in the room isn't constant as we think!) but for the lighting in the scenes of movie. Yes when the scene changes from a well lit to dark suddenly it might take a second to adjust. if you are watching something that changes quickly with respect to lighting dramatically & quickly this wouldn't work (I don't think any setting would work either!). Auto feature is...
It is not matte like other sharp models but not glossy like the Samsung ones. Actually I think it is neither here nor there (which is good for us!) I watched with my windows open and sun light coming thru and the set didn't reflect much at all. when switched off the slightly glossy screen looks good but doesn't reflect like some samsungs do. Also I want to add that I could not notice any blur or any lag that I notice when watching on my old Sony the NFL games. Absolutely...
I am a new member here. Just wanted to share since I have always sneeked in here as a guest I bought the 40" for my second bedroom. I was intrigued by the price difference between this & LG & Samsung & Sony for their LED models. I was very sceptical about sharp. But when I got the set and hooked it up I was amazed. I am a sports fan and when I watched NFL pre-season games and compared it with my 5 year old Sony HDTV it was stunning. My friend has a Samsung B7000 one...