or Connect

Posts by Chronoptimist

All that has been shown has been development kits, not consumer hardware. The original devkit was very low resolution - something that anyone using an Oculus should have been very aware of. DK2 significantly increases the resolution to 1080p and moves from LCD to OLED.The consumer version should be using a panel with at least 2560x1440 resolution on its release.Field of view is directly related to image quality. The higher your field of view, the larger surface area each...
So now that you're anti-OLED as well as anti-LCD, what do you expect your next display to be? And when do you think that will be?
IPS LCDs rarely ever have issues with this. It's still a problem on other panel types.You probably wouldn't use a camera for this, but it's certainly possible. Sony and Eizo both do this with their professional displays.While the measurement is not entirely irrelevant, the one which matters is how bright a full screen can get. Displaymate measure this to be 351 nits.Delta E is a measure of error from a specific color target, not an indicator of how "realistic" color is.A...
I'm surprised this topic is still going now that there is the Corsair RM series of power supplies, available up to 1000W. Every component in the RM series is chosen for silence. (fanless does not necessarily mean silent) The 1000W version should be silent under any HTPC load (up to 400W) and only run the fan at once the PSU has been running at higher loads for extended periods of time. Here is an extensive review and test of some of the RM series power supplies. (testing...
Samsung's mobile OLEDs have this problem too. I remember it being a big complaint about the PS Vita.
FLAC is 100% lossless, and can use different levels of compression. There are levels 1-8 which require different amounts of CPU power to encode/decode, and result in varying file sizes. It is also possible to create uncompressed FLAC files now. Whatever you put into a FLAC file is exactly what you get out when it is decoded. It's also better to store the audio in a FLAC container as there are additional verification steps which you don't get with WAV to check for file...
Which can be done today. The current Oculus hardware doesn't include it, but Sony just had a demo of eye tracking in games at GDC:Not the best video, but I've heard from people that used this and they said it was very good.Sony also have similar eye-tracking tech in their SLR cameras which let you set the focus point based on where you are looking - and that's something which is small enough to fit in a camera viewfinder.It's definitely feasible that such technology could...
Sorry, I thought you meant "making eye contact" in the virtual world (eye tracking) not in real life.You're correct that you can't do VR with a transparent headset so it's not possible to do that.
This is already possible today. Sony have eye-tracking technologies which are used for selecting the focus point in their cameras, and they just recently showed off a PlayStation demo using a similar concept. (tracking your eye position to move the camera in the game) I have heard some very positive impressions about that eye-tracking demo. It would not be implausible to implement that tech in a VR headset.And I'm sure Facebook would love to have a camera pointed at your...
The VR dream is dead.