or Connect

Posts by ICUDoc

Well - I guess people who thought that the "Evolution Kit" slot would never have anything to plug into it were wrong!!! I just wish it would fit into my PN59D8000!!! http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a448263/evolution-kit-upgrades-existing-samsung-smart-tvs.html
Thanks for the suggestion about the phone line and the Verizon FiOS. I hooked up to my landlord's phone and it went through on the first shot! Now have gotten the software loaded and working fine. Next problem - seems like one of my tuners is fried - only one tuner will pick up a signal no matter what I choose as a satellite choice - and on the system test tuner #2 fails. Anything I can do for this? Also - all channels below 80 - which are all the local channels...
Have tried 40 or 50 times so far - get up as high as 68 parts of 297 and it disconnects. Disabled the call waiting - have tried two different phone outlets including the one directly on the Verizon FiOS box in my living room. Will keep trying but don't think this is going to work - and don't have the time to try to now unlock the drive and then to install the OS 3.8 directly. Looks like I will have to use the DirectTV new DVR they sent me as a replacement. ...
OK - so I bought a Western Digital WD1600 drive and the installation went very smoothly thanks to all the helpful suggestions I got here - especially about the jumper settings. Now - I hook up and it already looks like it has recognized that there is a working drive there because I can go further with the dialing and connect than before - it hooks up to MSN and starts downloading the update - but it disconnects in the middle somewhere. There are 297 parts to the...
Thanks - I will be plugging my phone line direct into the home phone line so it should be clean - but the info you have all given me is very, very helpful - if anyone would suggest a specific drive that would be great - am looking for drives and not easy to find 120GB drives so may go with a 160GB drive. Don't really care about wasting space or $$ - I love the UTV so much it is worth it and I have already gotten my $$ worth over the last 10 years!! Thanks again and...
Hi, Everyone I have an old UTV unit that I adore - it has worked fine all these years - lately having hard drive problems - it powers on OK - but I hear a clicking - and the screen shows that it is trying to connect to WebTV - hook up a phone line and nothing works - it will only give me options to change dialing options or dial. This happened last month and I was able to get it working by repeatedly taking the power cod out, and once it booted it was OK - but all...