or Connect

Posts by BrolicBeast

AMAZING...I can only hope my build turns out half as nice as this one has turned out. Astounding!
This is one of the reasons I check in on this thread from time-to-time.  I'm not a current or prospective JTR owner, but there are sooooo many useful tidbits on this thread, and I look at it as less of a JTR thread and more of a A/V melting-pot thread.  A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of excellence! This was a great screen material comparison.  I'm currently looking at screens, and my choices are down to Falcon (Vision HD), Seymour (Centerstage XD), and...
I think the wood paneling could be great!  Include real-wood with a variety of stains (or high gloss in a variety of colors) surrounding the treatment area, and you'd have something uniquely different.  Better yet, perhaps you could notch the wood in such a way that it adds diffusion around the absorption section.  I've seen diffusors and absorpers mounted adjacent to one another; perhaps both on the same panel might work, since you already have the wood?  Granted, I know...
Wow! GREAT find.
On days like this, I hate living on the East Coast. I've been following your build...anyone who can make it NEEDS to go!
to the OP, please take this advice.  I owned a Mitsubishi HC7000 from 2009 through 2012--I started with just a wall, and after a few months, I upgraded from the wall to a screen and the difference was outstanding.  in 2012 I upgraded to a JVC-RS45, and while the black levels were better, the colors and sharpness of the JVC did not match the mitsubishi.  Then I upgraded my screen from an Elite CineTension2 motorized model to a Stewart ST130 G3, and AGAIN, I saw a noticeable...
To anyone local to the DC area, Best Buy Magnolia in Columbia, MD has a Sony 600 ES on display in use with a Panamorph lens on a stewart curved screen.
For anyone interested, the Best Buy Magnolia in Columbia, MD has a Sony 600 ES on display in use with a Panamorph a-lens on a curved screen. Grab your blu rays and head over there for some fun!
It’s funny, I actually said “happy wife, happy life’ at my reception when the Mrs. asked for the microphone while I was thanking people. It got the crowd roaring in laughter. I do want her to be happy, and I’d probably agree wit purchasing a crappy piece of furniture if she really was in love with it—particularly since she’s found no practical reason to bar me from taking the whole basement as my own. Oh nah man, biblically, the man is the priest of the home. A powerful...
Move-in day is next week, and demo weekend is the following week. It’s so close, I can smell it…..literally, I recently smelled the fresh [doomed] drywall as I walked through ;-)   We are going to take our time with the furniture—no major rush there, but my gosh—it’s so much harder shopping for furniture these days.  Back in the day, you just got the least expensive set.  Now, preferences and comfort are actual considerations. Lol. Add to that, the concept of balancing...