or Connect

Posts by BrolicBeast

I have a special affection for this minimalist design, not only because it's gorgeous, but because it's also the route I'm taking in my build.  Although I can definitely appreciate opulent designs, light and sound reflections become a factor with those aspects of a theater.  This theater doesn't have such issues at all.  Looking at it, i would never have guessed it's a 13x17 room.  The space between the rows alone--visible through the entry doors--makes the room look much...
Oh man--footrests kind of mess up the aesthetic I'd be going for. Hmmm, I wonder if they sell (or if I could hire company to make) footrests that slide all the way under the seat. See, i honestly like the recliners--particularly the love seats.  I've sat in those seating setups and they have been very comfortable.  i have no shame in admitting that I like the cuddling too--I just got married in January and the honeymoon shan't end! if I did the recliners, I'd have maybe...
Not if a flat panel goes up on the dividing wall.
This space looks like it has nearly unlimited potential for a projection-based theater if the right steps are taken (Mike's advice above is great to get you started).  Ever thought of adding a wall between the rear of the entertainment space and the pool table? 
LOLOLOL....I NEARLY FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR LAUGHING AT THIS ONE--THIS IS THE FUNNIEST POST I'VE READ IN YEARS!!!!! Oh nope, given our investment in the theater, and our perpetual dissatisfaction with anything below 100+ inches, we aren't going to bother updated our Plasmas.  We have two Panasonics--one 50' PZ model and one 55" ST model, and a 32" LCD tv as well.  No sense in buying new ones at all!
Does anybody have experience with multiple rows of actual, movie theater rocker chairs (as opposed to the recliners?) I’m asking because I’m wondering if I should use these, instead of recliners.  Just thinking of going a different route.
Thanks for this link!  Man, i might have jumped on that if it were in the budget, but right now--all my focus is going toward the room, as well as my top-secret subwoofer solution(s?) heh heh. If those are still available at the end of the summer--well, now wer'e talking a nice trip from Indonesia for those speakers! I've actually been thinking about this over the weekend. The speaker distance run to the amps would be no different than those folks who run wires to racks at...
Oblivion is a decent film and is an absolutely superb A/V showpiece (more visually stunning than audibly stunning, in my opinion—but both get top marks).  Edge of Tomorrow seems to have all the action that Oblivion may have lacked (granted—it wasn’t an action movie in the conventional sense).  I hope it is at least as good as Oblivion.  If so, then we’re in good shape!  I like the first trailer more than the second one that was released—seemed more epic!*lightning strikes,...
Is it me, or does Tom Cruise's new flick "Edge of Tomorrow" look like it should be called Oblivion 2?