or Connect

Posts by BrolicBeast

Updated basic color scheme; accents not included yet--will be more muted than originally thought.  Equipment Room/Lobby Below.    Entryway...check the sign!  THinking about adding a bar right below *The Beast, Unleashed* sign.
Are you denying the benefits of power conditioning? It is essentially critical for electronic devices--moreso for micro-processor based devices that are extremely sensitive to power spikes. Surges don't need to be large enough to trip a breaker.  There can be small surges as well, and conditioners help to reduce degradation of components in some components over time. It's less about magically improving sound and more about maintaining performance over time.  Regarding the...
Thanks for the feedback, Kim! I’m glad this can be used with the 600ES. From what I gather, I think the 33% doesn’t come from the lens itself, but from having to spread the light output for a 16:9 image across the 2:35 surface area. Same light-loss concept as zooming.  The more area the light must cover, the less light available overall.
Demolition of the "as-is" room is currently slated for the 27th of April!  Framing will start shortly thereafter!   Time for me to head back to the first few pages of this thread to take advantage of the awesome advice given regarding lumber selection.   Gosh, I love AVS.
Can that lens accurately pass 4k resolution? i've been thinking about going that route only to maximize brightness--but the 33% light loss to these lenses, v. the light lost by zooming the picture seem almost identical.  Still on the fence on going this route (would still use Lumagen NLS to scale all content to 2:35 anyway)
'Twas the width, good sir!
I read through this entire story, fearing that it would fully realize the dangers that the Large Hadron Collider thankfully ne'er did. It seems technically feasible if you think of unlimited bandwidth as "practically unlimited..." This was a good one. I haven't been fooled in years.
I sat twelve feet away from a ten foot wide screen...if you're about ten feet away, you could get away with maybe nine feet.
Oh man—maxing out is definitely a concern of mine.  Since you maxed out with a theater, I’m a little worried again.  Would you mind sharing (either here or in a private message) what that upgrade from 200amp to 400amp cost you, overall?  I might do what you did, upgrade the service, and then still go ahead and run the dedicated 100amp sub-panel to the theater.  Thank you very much for your input.
Saddlesore,   That is one absolutely marvelous system you've got going there! WOW--just looking at them is inspirational.  The veneer blends well into your room as well.