or Connect

Posts by BrolicBeast

That is absolutely excellent.  Thanks a bunch! Using that as a starting point, I started delving a little deeper to find products that can show how many amperes are being used at any given time, and I was able to find a couple that can be monitored via iPad just like the ones you linked to!  This will be essential, since the potential *max* totals are a larger than what’s provided by the panels.  I’m going to put that Sub-Panel right next to the equipment rack for short,...
Thanks guys.....so it looks like this is definitely the way to go. Ill go ahead and have an electrician run the requisite cable for the 100amp panel and I'll make sure it's installed just outside the theater! Is there a way to monitor a standard panel electronically (put a digital device somewhere between the main panel and the theater panel, perhaps)?
Thanks Tim, your description was pretty clear--I just had to read it a few times since i"m not very well versed in the electrical side of things (I can run romex and replace outlets/light switches--but after that, my knowledge tends to roll off into oblivion). The existing panels are about 6 inches apart, if I remember correctly.  One question, though: what's "homerunning?" I checked out an Equitech panel.....man, I felt the dollars leaving my wallet as soon as I saw the...
I'm doing floor-to ceiling fabric panels with fabric also over nearly entire ceiling (will hide multiple VOG channels for Auro/ATMOS. My question is this: do I need to tape/mud the drywall if it's all going to be covered by fabric anyway? I'm thinking about using a double layer of OSB with a third layer of drywall (über soundproofing, I hope), but I'd like to avoid the time and expense associated with taping and mudding if I can. Thoughts? I'll be starting the demo of...
Adding up the circuits is actually how I gauged that I’d need another panel.  So I shouldn’t really be worried about adding 4-5 twenty-amp circuits, since there’s no chance of it actually overloading? The house has 300Amps total, which is split into two 150amp panels right next to each other.   The electrician actually used a split breaker when installing my current 20amp circuits that I used with two of the XPR-1 mono blocks.  I always wondered why he did that, as there...
Is it difficult to add a new panel if I wanted to? Or, better question: is it expensive to add a new panel of I wanted to?  If I did do another panel, it would be a 200amp panel just for the theater (the amps alone would need 100 of those amps).
I took a look at the electrical panel during my last walkthrough, and the panel is actually closed to being maxed out numerically by the circuits being used. It’s not that the house is close to being maxed out by actual load, but the circuits were given a lot of overhead. 20 amp circuits were used where 15 would be more than enough; 30 amp circuits are used where 20 would be more than enough. It looks like they want to practically eliminate any possibility of tripping a...
Two years is a long time to advance projector technology.
Hey Dennis, I remember you telling me about this! I'm going to contact you about this tomorrow.Lol, but alas, the prior videos are in stasis, but all future videoes shall now have great low light performance.
No prob buddy! Its easy to pop in disc after disc after disc, just to stare at the great picture quality!Oh yeah, I've been followimg that! That technology currently relies on the actual screen itself--If I remember correctly, there are two screens separated by a thin film. Id love to see how projector manufacturers work the glasses-free 3d into projection technology.I was thinking the same thing about Ultra-D!You got a front row seat bro. Right next to "my brother's...