or Connect

Posts by 3900_User

To help put this issue into perspective, about a year and a half ago my Yamaha RX-V3900 home theater receiver stopped receiving Sirius Internet Radio. I was a paying subscriber at the time. I called Sirius. They assured me that there was nothing wrong and that they were broadcasting on the Internet (the problem was all in my head.) I simultaneously called Yamaha in California over the same four day period. They determined, with the help of a Japanese engineer who just...
I own a JVC D-VHS player made circa 2004. It utilizes a Firewire input which is fed from my Comcast Xfinity Cisco RNG200N cable box. I sense that Comcast can and will drop support for the firewire feature at any time. Even if they don't physically remove it, they can always logically disable it. (As an aside, Comcast disabled picture in picture in the last year even though the cable boxes have two tuners and the remote controls have the PIP buttons. PIP worked last year....
Dear Lagertop, I'm glad that you are developing and Android remote app. I have the iPhone/Ipad app and it's pretty cool although there is another device that works at least equally well. It's called the remote (I'm being sarcastic.) Good luck. With respect to the Sirius Internet Radio problem, it's still not on and Sirius low level techs insist that there is no problem (because using their logic, they would have been made aware of a problem and they haven't been)....
I just spoke with a tech from Yamha in CA. He told me that after I called yesterday that Yamaha received four additional complaints from various Yamaha owners of SIR giving an "access error." They then used a Yamaha credit card to subscribe to Sirius on one of their current models, in their office, and observed the same error. So it's not just me. They told me that this issue is affecting users of various brands of home theatre receivers, not just Yamaha and that high...
Michael, Thanks so much for your "valid" (at least presumably with respesct to Sirius Internet Radio(SIR))" MAC address. As I promised, I won't use your MAC address but it was critical that I specify a MAC address within the correct range. Curiously, I am still getting an "access error" after I tune a SIR station and both Yamaha and Sirius are stumped. Unfortunately, when you call Sirius, you typically run into people who don't even know what a home theatre receiver is,...
Michael, Yes you are correct in that you can use ARP -a to find the MAC address. But as I described, you can also find it right on the 3900's GUI menu screen. The issue, with all due respect, isn't that I don't know what the current MAC address is but rather that I changed it and now it seems that it doesn't suit Sirius's requirements for an acceptable MAC address range- hence my request for someone else's MAC address. Thanks, Wayne
Tom, Thanks for your reply. I have a copy of the service manual for the RXV-3900 and it shows that the original MAC address is on a label on the DSP circuit board. Unfortunately, that board is buried under other circuit boards and is not veiwable without disassembling the unit. Therefore anyone who could share or suggest a valid MAC address would be doing me a giant solid (favor). Thanks, Wayne
I have owned my RX-V3900 for about a year. I have kept the firmware upgraded (most recently version 1.11). I am a Sirius satellite and also Sirius Internet Radio (SIR) subscriber. My Sirius account is fine becuse I can log on using a computer and the Sirius player. Until yesterday I could receive SIR on my RX-V3900. When I had the unit is Diagnostic mode, I accidentally changed it's MAC address. Now, although the RX-V3900 when in SIR mode shows me the channel lineup, any...
Cross the border and buy a rx-v3900 unit in the U.S. You'll be glad you did. If you live near Toronto, you can pick up the Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY HD radio stations (of which there are plenty.) I know that this feature is controversial. However, the difference in audio quality is immediately evident. Plus you get up to eight sub-channels, thus multiplying your station choices and you get an RDS like data display. If you live new Vancouver, you can pick up the Washington...
I recently had to add a 3.5 inch floppy drive to my PC to recover some old data. The dealer charged me $9.95 (downright inexpensive.) I was able to recover the data just fine but then a "friend" recommended to me that I try brand SuperComputerPhile 3.5 inch Ultimate drive. You know what? The bits are read much better. My .WAV files sound better. Overall there is better "musicality," "staging," "tonality," and other "...alities." The point is, that when it comes to reading...