or Connect

Posts by fcwdev

What color are your slides? I can see my blobs on grey slides (with low contrast), but not on red, blue or green ones. Your contrast settings may be different between slides and TV. Also, my blobs are less visible when I first power on the TV. I have an older 2009 panasonic plasma and it also does not have this problem. So more specifically it is a recent (2011, 2012, 2013?) panasonic plasma problem...
AC3 on XBOX360 allows you to turn off all HUD elements. Not as convenient but you can play!
I believe you are seeing something similar to the "green blob" issue widely reported on panasonic plasmas. I can tell you from my experience with the VT30 that it does not worsen. It does improve slightly after the first few hundred hours. I was never able to get a clear explanation of the issue and I just accept it as a limitation of plasma tech. I find cranking up the contrast reduces issue, but increases temporary IR.
I went through a couple of VT30s with the same problem. Never got a better one, but picked up other problems (dead pixels, noisy fan, etc.). Here are some screen shots from a cnet test on the 2012:http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57449881-221/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test/If you look critically at the VT50 and GT50 screens I think you will see the same pattern as yours. I recommend just keeping it (as I did) and accept it as a limitation of the...
I've had the best luck with an all white screen (on vivid max contrast) on my VT30. I've noticed bad IR on this TV. The only thing I wonder about the all white screen is that it may be invoking the ABL(Auto Brightness Limiter), which may be prolonging your recovery since it's probably not as bright as the EA SPORTS logo. For me, some fade away in a few hours, but some take a few days and some I can still see faint traces. For some IRs I've considered just creating a slide...
I can really relate to your ' but it really sticks in my side' comment. This is the same issue I am dealing with on my VT30. It is commonly referred too as the "Green Blob" problem, in reference to the greenish cast toward the middle. Many have reported that with the 2012 Pannys this issue does not exist or goes away with time. I can say for sure it has not gone away after 8 months with my VT30. I try to overlook it and just accept it as a current limitation of plasma...
Do NOT use a DVD in case it stops playing unexpectedly. I used Slides on an SD card side loaded into the TV. You can watch TV, but turn your Contrast way down. For example, I used Cinema Mode with Contrast at 20 to 30. It looks awful at first, but you get used to it.
I'm having exact same issue with Panny VT30 and and Comcast HD-DVR (all other devices are fine). I'm pretty sure it an issue with the DVR and not the TV. My TV is almost a year old and I only started noticing this recently (in past few months). I'm set to 1080i. I suspect a recent DVR update (which we have no control of) as the cause as my setup has not changed (same TV, same cable, same TV firmware, etc.).For me the frequency is not enough for me to do anything about (a...
This is interesting to me. I am having IR and uniformity issues on last years model. Can you describe your uniformity issue? Mine has pink tint on the right side and green tint towards the middle on a uniform grey slide. Black and white shows are the most annoying. I went to best buy and noticed similar problems on the ST50 and GT50, but those are certainly pre-September. I concluded that demanding a replacement model would only get me the same quality.
It's not possible just by looking at it. I've had both and they look the same. They both appear as darker residual image than the surrounding background on a solid color slide (usually green shows it most). Has it faded much?