or Connect

Posts by Georgie3

There seem to be a bunch of people bricking their perfectly good LG TVs again lately... please everyone remember that downgrading/upgrading firmware is dangerous. You should fully investigate and exhaust remote-control methods of entering service menus, known as "IR hack" or other names. There you can enable USB movie playback much more safely. After that if you are really brave you can try firmware downgrade/upgrade methods, but be prepared to buy a new TV. You can be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andreas85 Hello i flashed the 3.70 to my SL8000 and now it turns on but just grey flickering. What can i do i tryied to do a downgrade to 3.67 blind but doesnt worked. can i connect the tv to a pc over the usb or maybe com port? and do something? please help. Have a look at this post and related posts. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post17876813
Sounds like your TV is in store demo mode. Press Menu, goto Option, under Initial Setting make sure it's set to "home use". Also ensure Demo Mode is off.G
The North American xxLH40 sets have trouble playing MPEG4 encoded files (DivX/avi, AVC/mkv etc.) - menu corruption, loss of audio sync, crashing. You should re-encode to MPEG2 to get good playback, see my guide http://users.cjb.net/flymoon/lg%20tv...on%20guide.pdf
Hello sangos, sorry not to reply, haven't been here in a while. Yes my .ts files play in 1080p on my North American 42LH40. Playback is slightly smoother with no noticeable degradation in picture quality when I use 1080i encoding, so that's what I normally do. My full HD recoded movies end up somewhere in the 12 to 16 GB range. For 720p about half that size. G
Quote: Originally Posted by darshilmunshi heyy georgie, I have 4.05 on my 47in LG LH300 set and as you said I was wondering how I could access the service menu on that firmware. Thankyou. On your TV it should be very easy if you're running North American firmware version 4.05. This is before LG disabled button combinations to get into service menus. For the EZ ADJUST service menu, press OK on the TV and OK on the remote at the same time,...
Version 4.30.00 does not have lip sync fixes, but version 4.30.01 does. If you want to try 4.30.01 see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post17756908 for a download link.Unfortunately I don't know of any more recent downloadable firmware for North American LG sets. European firmware is easier to find, but can't be used in North American sets.Some lip sync problems have reportedly needed a swap of the main board to fix, so no guarantees that a software upgrade will...
Hi... I seem to need .ts format to get 16:9 aspect ratio to work right for some movies, and stability is better. With .mpg it tends to quit playback very occasionally. I do use .mpg sometimes, if .mpg works for you then go for it. By the way you can convert back and forth easily - .mpg to .ts using tsMuxerGui, and .ts to .mpg using MPEG_Streamclip. The limited options in changing picture settings is a pain, and as far as I know applies to all sets European or North...
Hi... I checked that diagnostic display on my TV, memory is exactly the same. Thanks I didn't know about that one, cool how the TV picture keeps going behind the translucent background.I think I can sum up the movie format problems on the North American LH40s fairly simply:- MPEG4 playback has problems- Anamorphic aspect ratios (non-square pixels) aren't handled right.If you take any movie in any format and convert to MPEG2 transport stream (.ts) with square pixels and MP2...
Thanks DM. - 720p/1080p MKV: My TV refuses to play these at all, so I need to process as in section 3 in my guide. These are the ones I concentrate on since the results are beautiful HD. My poor old laptop needs to crunch a long time to do the video encoding.- 480p AVI files: In my experience these are almost always MPEG4. MPEG1 or MPEG2 video is almost always found in an .mpg container. The TV will try to play AVI, but has the usual MPEG4 problems: menu corruption, loss...