or Connect

Posts by masiman

Thanks for the input all. I'll research some on the Legend. I'll make some mockups of the size to see what the wife would accept/I can talk her into. Ya, avspace. It is not the best but it is what it is unfortunately. I know I could get better sound if I could rearrange, not use in-ceiling speakers, etc. There are too many other factors that define what I can do that prevent a different configuration. The good part is that I am not unhappy with what we do have. ...
I may try the 2 sub solution. It would probably be better to know than to wonder. The STF-2's deeper capability is what I think I am looking for. I had updated the graphic but did not save. This one has a little more detail about layout. I remeasured and that Empire would just fit in the sub corner but my wife would just not be happy about losing that space to equipment. If I could have a tabletop over it, she might go for it but I will have to do a mockup to...
Hey all, I was pretty set on the Epik Empire but after looking at the Shootout video my wife and I agreed that the Empire was just too big for our based on where we could place it. So, I'm looking for something with a smaller foot print. I attached a (not too scale) drawing of the space. It is L-shaped, roughly 12x24.5x24.5x11x13.5. We'll be doing 80-90% HT, 10-20% music. I do game but mostly on headphones. I like good story line movies. Action mainly but...
It is shown uncut. Wait until you see what happens in Season 2. The Season 2 disk should be out any day. The storyline remains topnotch. I can't wait for Season 3 to start broadcasting. I think it starts again this month (March).
Thanks for that info. Update: It turned out that there was confusion somewhere in my deal with BB. The TV was not a 50" but a 46". Other item prices discussed during the purchase came up higher than discussed. My fault mostly for not checking my receipt at the store. I did not look closely until the delivery folks called to resched delivery of my 46" TV. It got me to looking. BB should mean Buyer Beware in my case. I'd shop there again, but I'll make sure things are...
The price is inline with 6th Ave. What I liked better about the BB is the ability to return within 30 days w/o shipping and warranty questions. The downside is that this is a "used" TV vs a new one from 6th Ave. I'll know better what kind of shape it is in tomorrow. If it does not work out, I was considering the free BR player deal from Amazon.
Hello All, My first post. I've been reading for days trying to catch up on the technology, techniques and procedures. I get most of the material but there are some areas I haven't found answers to yet. There was a post a few months back about a BB purchase of a floor model. I am in the same boat. Our 7 year old Sony 32" CRT is dying and we decided to replace it. I was originally deciding between the S1 and V10. After stopping by a local BB, they had what I...