or Connect

Posts by TrekFX

Here's an off-the-wall question: I have a Velodyne F1500 sub that has an issue with the amp. Driver is fine, and I've been powering it with a separate amp until I get around to attempting fixing the Velo amp (likely capacitors, I'm told.) I recently sold off my separate, as it was worth a good chunk of cash and was being under-utilized just driving the sub. So.... noticing that my SC-07 has zone 2 amps available which can run, from a different input, concurrently with...
I have a great old F1500 which, after ages of perfect service, began to go into what sounded (and felt) like a full-power pounding behavior right from power-on. Think of an audio jackhammer. I believe the neighbors do! I don't recall if the onset came with raising the volume or was present even at zero volume.The driver seems to have fully survived, and after pulling the amp assembly I'm powering the box/driver with a good outboard amp and there is no rubbing, banging or...
Just a few quick observations and pointers... The 8350 is VERY sensitive to any misalignment with the screen, that's to say any deviation from dead-on perpendicular horizontally and vertically. I had what seemed like some minor misconvergence and the focus was a bit soft in the corners. I felt my projector alignment was pretty good, but I spent some time rechecking my setup and got everything much closer to 90 degrees. It really wasn't off by much but it made a big...
Just a quick note.The side panels come off very easily:Remove screws with unit upside down.(you can turn the back rightside up to make this next step easier...)Pull/rotate bottom edge only of the side panel outward. Once the bottom edge just clears the chassis, lift straight up to disengage top clips and pull away from unit. To replace, hook top edge over clips and rotate bottom in to seat.Sounds way harder than it is!
Just want to be sure you're doing this right!I got concerned when you mentioned "only way....placement." When you aim, are you tilting the whole projector up/down/left/right? Or are you keeping the projector squared-away horizontal and vertical and using the lens shift adjustments (which is the proper way)? Just checkin'!You can get into blu-ray for $100 or so if you shop around , or grab an open-box somewhere. That can get you a respectable Panasonic or other basic but...
On the lens barrel, the outermost ring is focus. Next one in is zoom. Turn THAT one to expand image. You may need to re-focus after.
Epson 8XXX series "Hidden Menu" Access: Press and hold (MENU) for 8 seconds, release Press (ESC) twice Press (RIGHT ARROW) then (LEFT ARROW) This opens some info and error log screens. If you now repeat the access key sequence as listed above: This opens a screen with "DP-SW" banks 1 through 6. Scrolling each bank shows 7 "bits" each with 0/1 (off/on) "buttons." Would someone please post the factory settings for each bank/bit? It would help me with research on a...
I was curious: Has anyone found out the functions of the various other "DP-SW" parameters? Things that might control gamut, other important things?
I finally got it to work. Oddly, the screen would alternate on/off if I bounced the remote beam off my screen, but not if I point the remote right at the projector!It looks like some basic logs, with counts for power ups, cool-downs, and errors across four pages scrolled with the right/left keys.Is there deeper access? That is, service-level *adjustments* to dial in the color gamut more accurately? The user menu RGBCYM doesn't have enough range to pull the green primary in...
I tried the service menu access recommended about 20 times with no luck at all. If I press and hold "menu" it alternates between user menu displayed and not displayed. Is this what you see before hitting "esc?" Do you keep holding menu after 5 sec? Do you hit "esc" while the user menu is displayed or when it goes away? I might be missing the magic timing.