or Connect

Posts by FirstShirt33

Hello to everyone. I've owned some Paradigm speakers for well on twenty years. Although they have been great to me, I think it's time to move on. I'm looking at the Studio and Signature series and I've seen the suggested retail for US/Canada, but I'm wondering about overseas pricing. I am stationed in Korea, and although I've found a dealer, it appears he has a BIG markup. Part of my problem is that in Korea you are expected to negotiate. I'd really like to know...
I really miss my DTV dual tuner DVR. I am now living and working in Korea. I currently have Digital Korean Cable TV and AFN Cable TV. I'd like to find a DVR that I can push both signals into and record shows for later viewing - any ideas??? I want it to be HD capable with HDMI outs. I appreciate your help!
I recently retired from 27 years of military service, and as a reward to self I purchased a new Pioneer Kuro Pro151, and a few months later the Denon 5308. Within weeks I was diagnosed with cancer, went through three surgeries, quit my job, and then accepted a new job overseas. This isn't a sob story, just some background. I am now living in Korea working for Uncle Sam. My cancer seems to be under control and I am finally sitting back and trying to enjoy my new...
I'll run the auto-setup again tonight when I get home, and also listen in manual mode (I'm in Korea so I'm a half-day off from those of you in the U.S.). I know it's not the speaker because it sounds great in Direct or Matrix modes. It's only when the coding kicks in for THX, Dolby, DTS, etc. that it bottoms out and sounds terrible. I'll die if something is wrong with the 5308 because there is no way I'm getting support here in Korea. (bought the unit 3 weeks before move...
I set up my system using the auto setup feature. Now when I play movies my center channel sounds terrible. It is o.k. in Direct or Matrix, but in THX, Dolby Digital, DTS, etc. it sounds like the center channel is very, very muffled or 100 feet further away. What is wrong? Thanks in advance for the help!