or Connect

Posts by rockitdoc

This may be an old issue, maybe not. I have an Integra 30.3 AVR connected to my Sony EX55 via HDMI. When I connect my LG BD player via HDMI through the BD input on the Integra, I get quick 1 second flashes of video, then black for 3 seconds or so, then 1 sec video, then black, on and on. If I run the BD directly into the TV, no problem. Changed HDMI's, same issue. This happened with my old Denon AVR, too. That's why I switched to the Integra. So, not the AVR. Not the...
This may be an old issue, maybe not. I have an Integra 30.3 AVR connected to my Sony EX55 via HDMI. When I connect my LG BD player via HDMI through the BD input on the Integra, I get quick 1 second flashes of video, then black for 3 seconds or so, then 1 sec video, then black, on and on. If I run the BD directly into the TV, no problem. Changed HDMI's, same issue. This happened with my old Denon AVR, too. That's why I switched to the Integra. So, not the AVR. Not the...
Time to mount the Sony KDL55EX720 on the wall. Trouble is, how? The manual is sparse in describing this. One method is to attach a 'sling' like a picture hanger to the two holes in the back located at about the top third position. Not optimal since the tv will be at an angle. I bought a universal mount where two rails are attached to the back of the set. But, the mounting holes at the top third where the 'sling' would attach are not lined up with holes near the...
When do the new models arrive?
So, she threw me out so I need all new stuff. Starting with a TV system: 1. Budget $4-5k for Screen/Amp/Speakers 2. Seating distance 12 ft 3. Size/placement limitations 55" min? Wall mounted. 4. Uses and sources Cable/Sat/Network 5. Room lighting Fairly bright so glare could be an issue (which I hate) Sports and movement is important so LED might be the first cut? I've heard there is some new tech out or coming out that limits glare completely (some kind of...
Just got the BD 390 and tried linking to my wireless network (Comcast cable coming in to the house going to an Airport Extreme used with this computer and one Express used to get tunes to the music system). The BD finds the home network in the menu no problem, I type in the password, it searches, then it says 'access point connection failed'. I have four bars showing for signal strength. I think I need the Extreme to recognize the BD, but can't figure out how. Anybody...
I can't figure out how to get my Airport Extreme to recognize my new LG BD390. Do I need to buy another Express? Shouldn't have to since the BD is WiFi capable, right? But how? So far, Apple no help. Somebody's HAD to have had this issue before me? Maybe not...... Discouraged. S
Just got the BD 390 and tried linking to my wireless network (Comcast cable coming in to the house going to an Airport Extreme used with this computer and one Express used to get tunes to the music system). The BD finds the home network in the menu no problem, I type in the password, it searches, then it says 'access point connection failed'. I have three bars showing for signal strength. I think I need the Extreme to recognize the BD, but can't figure out...
Thanks. You are correct. I was confused by the 'Dual Format' reference. Did not know all BD players played DVD's, etc. Getting there, though.
So, I just got a G10 Panny and my Philips DVD/VCR player is probably on it's last legs (at least when I connect it to the G10 and turn it on, while plugged into the same 110v outlet as the G10, it snows; and the VCR is starting to act like it wants to eat VCRs). So....with BD taking hold, I was thinking of getting a BD player with internet capabilities, so I could download Netflix, etc. Here's the question: is there a device that will play both DVDs and BD with...