or Connect

Posts by arikmichaelp

Currently have JBL L-series 5.1 setup, however, All I have been thinking about these past two months is weather it is worth it or not to go to a 7.1 setup. my denon 3808ci can handle it, and with more movies having a 7.1 track(tron-legacy), i'm starting to think Im missing something!
Sony should not be under-played when comparing it to other competitors. I have an older VPL-HW10 paired with a 92" HC 1.0 gain screen and people come over and think its a plasma. the picture is just amazing and I can even use it with a pretty decent amount of ambient light with a very watchable picture. My vote, if my opinion matters, is that if you like a great REALISTIC looking picture for both sports and movies, then LCOS is the way to go, and JVC or SONY should be...
Two things, First off, with a budget of
I have considered this avenue, however there are a few reasons why it has not been the most appealing solution. A) There is a window directly behind where the projector would have to go, so a bookcase would block it, and a shelf would not work out so well. blocking it isn't really an option as during the day it is nice to get the natural light in the room. B) the bookcase would have to be, more or less, placed so that the back of the primary couch is right against the...
Due to the SciFi channel's never ending Back to the Future marathon, I'm flush with quotes so allow me to thank everyone and to also quote Marty McFly "it's been...educational". Everything I have read in the past year or so, and believe me I have been an avid AVS stalker for a while now; has pointed me to a grey screen for my particular situation, But as I'm sure all of you can relate to, it's nice to get some reassurances from some experts in the field (or atleast...
Hello everybody, Once again I must reach out to all of you to get some advice. I am the proud new owner of a Sony VPL-HW10 projector, which has a stunning picture. (i purchased it used). I have decided to go with a 92" screen, which is going in my living room, but will only be used in the evening for movies with complete light control of the room. I have ordered a cinetension2 cinegrey screen with a gain of 1.0. I am wondering, would I see a big difference between...
so I have to pick some of your brains. I am a perfectionist when it comes to the picture PQ presentation for my movie time. Not so much with HDTV because HD cable is lame when compared to the PQ of Bluray. So I do watch a fair amount of movies, like 3 to 4 a week in my free time(grad student). I prefer action movies and things with fast action, and my sony SXRD rear projection tv(50") does a fantastic job. The problem, it's only 50"!!!! I have been contemplating this front...
@ Arthurpower - I purchased a Dune base 3.0 several months ago from www.duneplayer.com and absolutely love it. I am looking to purchase one or two Dune HD Smart D1's for the master bedroom and possibly for a second bedroom, but it looks as though you do not currently have any at the moment, or rather that i just missed the first round of D1's. Do you have any idea of when you might have more to ship? I would greatly appreciate any insight you can give me! Thanks,...
and by that, I mean lots and lots of movie testing to see if this has effected anything.. I created the .bat files using notepad and scheduled the tasks. as a side note, and maybe I did it without thinking about it during my initial configuration of WHS, that once inside control panel->admin tools -> services it shows that my indexing service is already disabled. - on another note, through the services it shows that Twonkeymedia is started...do I need this, or should I...
So I have been slowly condensing down the list of possible culprits for my stuttering conundrum, and though it was not running at the time I checked, I have concluded that there is a very real and rather large chance that this rogue program is what ails my high definition bliss, that is that Demigrator.exe must be running to do its' thing while I am streaming media. So I am running WD green 5400 hardrives(though I could almost swear I've read that it auto-throttles the...