or Connect

Posts by CEDTV1999

Today my 2 DHG-HDD500's made, most likely, their last grid based recording. Carl
I have been monitoring the TVGOS feed since the DTV switchover. I use the ATSC Slicer and other debug screens. The packets stop on Friday 12/14 sometime before 12 noon. I have 3 Sony DHG-HDDs and they all show the same thing, the counts have not been increasing (ATSC Slicer and VBI Stats). Carl
I have been monitoring the TVGOS feed since the DTV switchover. I use the ATSC Slicer and other debug screens. The packets stop on Friday 12/14 sometime before 12 noon. I have 3 DHG-HDDs and they all show the same thing, the counts have not been increasing (ATSC Slicer and VBI Stats). I have 2 TiVos and have reported for duty over on the Premiere thread. I'm OTA, so I have the dual tuner XL model, no need for the 4 tuner cable only model. I will say that the guide...
Hi Folks, Another immigrant from the Sony DHG-HDD world reporting for duty. I picked up 2 Premiere XL at Best Buy, prior to Black Friday. The price was better than TiVo's Black Friday price With this move, I have increased my storage space by 60% over two HDD500s and a HDD250. The DVRs are used to record OTA HD shows, etc. Cable is in the house, but it is controlled by my better half. All of my DVRs are connected using component video via a "Audio Authority" component...
I have two DHG-HDD500's and one HDD250. I have been monitoring the KYW-TV/DT TVGOS since it when live back in 2009. I just picked up two TiVo Premiere 4 XL models. I will phase in the TiVo's over time. The first DHG to go will be the HDD250. So I am preparing. I guess I will be seeing some of you fellow DHG-HDD owners over on the AVS Series 4 TiVo thread
Back in October: What is the name of the movie? Hey Rizzo, what digital camera would you recommend to one that started out using a Minolta SRT-101? Carl
I'm able to get P&P to work using either TV (tuner), video1/2 as the primary and HDMI1 as the secondary. And yes, all of the other inputs are grayed out i.e., not selectable. From what I can tell, only HDMI inputs can be used as a second source. Also, that secondary source needs to be active, or can be controlled via the Bravia Sync Menu. In my case, my surround system can be turned on using Options>Speakers>Audio Systems. Carl
I'm a very satisfied owner . I've had the set for a week now. No banding, period. Built in February 2012, loaded with the 1/19/2012 software version (PKG3.808AAA). Sony has pushed two newer version of the software. I purchased the set from a B&M store that had the Sony mounted on a wall right next to a Sharp elite Pro-70XS. The lighting conditions were very close to our family room(lots of in-direct day light). My wife picked the Sony over the Elite. She positioned...
Super bright and super vivid....I too have a 65 929 that is facing a sliding glass door that is on the south side of the house. The image is able to overcome the reflections that are on the screen. I'm using the out of the box Cinema Scene setting (Ambient Sensor is ON). I am auditing all of the scene setting before I make any changes. The out of the box scene General, was TOO bright from late afternoon on into the night. BTW, my audit reveals that the Cinema Scene is...
People posting here, reported problems with units (46 and 55 inch) produced in the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2011 . It appears Sony delayed production of the 65 inch until those production issues were addressed. So to answer your question, the more recent the date, the better BTW, mine has a Feb. 2012 date . Carl