or Connect

Posts by John1400

"There's a user on another forum that compared his e55ti's to Paradigms Studio 100's. Said they were very close to the same and the Studio's are more than 2x the price" Some guy on some forum said this? Now there is some rock solid evidence. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard comments like this, I would have enough money to buy another set of speakers. Its a great way for people to feel good about their speaker purchase. There was another company where owners said...
The klipsch has a lower frequency response but other than that they will both perform about the same. I think you would be happy with either. If you said they are going on a back wall 8' behind the couch I would say klipsch, but if you said the couch is on the back wall, than I would say axiom, because of the bottom firing woofer. hope that makes sense, just my own pesonal thoughts. As far as install, I think the axiom would be quicker and easier as it comes with a...
The best center channel I've seen or heard is the one I own now which is the paradigm cc690. Its the first center channel that I have not had to bump up and its provided the most seamless front stage out of everything that I've owned. I have owned from cheap sony centers to polk , klipsch, and paradigm, about 8 in total. I had the klipsch rc62, paradigm cc290 and 390 and they all performed well, but the 690 seemed to be on another level. I also heard in the store the...
Ex-labdriver- Why is it whenever people @ axiom put down people from avs forum or any others, you never step in and say anything to your fellow axiomites? But if someone says anything negative about axiom, then your all over it. Maybe you should take a step back and look at it from a different angle. As far as referral rewards go, I think as a consumer I want someone who would give an honest unbiased answer so then I could purchase a products that best suits my needs and...
I am one of the lucky ones. I purchased a set of paradigm studio 60's v5 and was very happy but the wife knew I really wanted the 100's. While I was napping the wife called the dealer and worked out a price, than woke me up and said pack up the 60's and we went and got the 100's. Over a period of a year and a bit I had gotten 100',s cc690, 2 sub 12's, adp 590's, a set of 20's and also a pair of 60's. She then informed me that I should get a pair of 10's so that I have all...
I always wondered why axiomites were so willing to audition speakers for people. Was there more to the story or was it just out of the goodness of their heart. I had asked the question in avs sometime ago. Someone replied asking if it was that had to believe that someone would audition speakers with no hidden agenda. Then I read a post from this year "Simply email Axiom with the name under which your friend's order was placed along with your name and email address. A few...
Axiomites are upstanding and honest people from what I have read on the axiom site, but we here at the avs forum, not so much, as I have read on the axiom forums. I have read things Like "Depends on whether you visit avsforum and read the Apple Dumpling Gang comments. They took turns dropping M22's on their feet and have been pissed since", or "Far more than any other site i've attended, AVS really attracts alot of idiots and flamers. There are some more informed folk of...
Maybe the OP jumped ship, we are on our own.
I would suggest to look and listen to paradigm or psb as both are canadian companies and well respected. Paradigm for example has everthing from lifestyle systems to high end systems Something for every budget. . Most local audio stores will discount these products as I have never paid full price for anything I have bought from them. By going to these stores it also gives you an idea of what sounds best to you, and what your preference is. You can also see some of the...
I wonder what new members think when they come here and ask questions and look for advice and then they see all the s*** that follows? Do they leave here more informed and content or more confused. Simple questions turn into arguements and debates and then the graphs start coming in. In the end, its kinda funny. All I can say is TGIF!!