or Connect

Posts by Ace2377

I was hesitant as well. I originally decided to skip the frustration and possibility of it going out again after a few months, plus expense of driving or shipping the unit to the repair facility and just going with a new unit. I bought one of the higher end Pioneer receivers, but just didn't care for it, so I returned it. At that point I decided to have my 707 serviced. That was about 10 months ago and haven't had a problem with it since, it has worked great! I was...
Gotcha! Yeah, that sucks man! I asked because I was in the same boat as you, Dave had suggested a couple of other amps I could try, but I was also going to have to do some carving on my cabinet. Between the cost of the amp, plus the hassle of making it fit, I decided to send it back to him to give it another shot and without him knowing for sure it would work. Luckily, it did. But if he told you it would cost more to try to repair than replace, I guess that's what you...
Is there any reason you don't want to have it repaired by Dave again? When this happened to me I sent it back to Dave for another repair. He had my amp 2 or 3 times before I settled on the driver being the cause. Since I replaced the driver with the Infinity 8 months ago, haven't had a problem with the amp.
I had a very similar problem with my A3-250. Started with clicking, eventually had no sound whatsoever. Tried everything I could think of...plugging into a different outlet, using different cords, plugging my mp3 player in like you did, even took it to a buddy's house to hook it up on his equipment...no luck. I sent the amp plate into daveds50 here on the forum, and he rebuilt it for me with new capacitors. Worked great for a while, then eventually the clicking came back....
Well, it's kinda hard to say because I adjusted some things. I think I had the gain too high on it originally (which may have cause some of the problems I was having), but in any case, when I first put the Infinity in it was a ton louder than the eD. So much so that for the first time ever, I was actually annoyed with too much bass. lol. I turned the gain down and re-ran Audyssey to put it where I think a safer level is. lol. That being said, I think it shook the house...
I was going through similar issues as you seem to be. I have an A3-250. Amp blew, had Dave rework it, worked fine for a while, blew again. I had a spare eD driver they had sent me, so I put that in. Worked for a while, amp went again. I ordered the Infinity Reference also based on Dave's recommendation, as well as having him fix the amp again. That was about 4 months ago and haven't had a problem since. I'm pretty sure it was the eD drivers. For $60, it's worth a shot,...
When I first delved into HT a couple of years ago, I for the most part randomly set the gain on my sub amp at 9 o'clock. It just sounded good there, and "seemed" like a good spot. This was all new to me. Audyssey set the sub trim in the receiver at -11. I was told I could adjust the trim in the receiver a bit for more bass, I think I ended up adjusting it to around -5. I really enjoyed the sound from the sub (eD A3-250), however, in the past 6-9 months have been...
Good review! I love Rob Zombie, own all of his CD's, go to all of his tours, watch all of his movies, hell, I've even met the man. I actually do like Corpses and Rejects, basically anything Zombie does I'm going to be a bit biased towards. But, this movie just did not get it with me. I thought the plot was a little elementary, and it just never developed into anything spectacular. When I had heard he was doing a movie about Salem witches, I was very excited. His...
Ummm....yeah, can you tell? lol. I went to one of the home improvement stores tonight to look. They had some with different widths and gauge sizes, but the crimp "clearance" looked the same on all the ones they had as the one I took with me. Frustrated! lol
Yeah, I'm definitely not soldering. lol. My cousin gave me a couple crimp connectors like you linked me to, but they don't fit on the terminals. I guess I'm going to have to strip a little more wire free and wire it through the hole and tie it off. I would prefer a crimp connector, but it just wouldn't slide on.