or Connect

Posts by BufordTJustice

Having an extensive background in pro audio, I can confirm that this is certainly a factor in PA systems. However, they diverge from home acoustic systems because their sonic character often changes drastically (and for the better, up to a point) as volume increases. I especially encountered this with the JBL Vertec large format line array. Dull, muffled, lifeless, flat, and boring at lower levels, but they sound dynamic , open, and impactful once they pass about 110dB at...
Here is some text from one of my earlier posts in reference to a solicitation for first-hand opinions comparing the A3rx-c and the A5, for the benefit and knowledge-base of this thread: "The difference between the A5's and the A3rx-c's mostly resides in two categories: completely holographic imaging and intimate delicacy. The A3rx-c's lag behind the A5's in these two areas, but only just. This takes NOTHING away from the A5's, as they are particularly special to...
Put on your helmet, it will only get better. I'm glad you enjoy them. Now go and listen-to/watch all your old favorites and prepare to be even more amazed.
Just enough to see the cones move maybe 1/4". You don't have to push them very hard.
I'll opine.The difference between the A5's and the A3rx-c's mostly resides in two categories: completely holographic imaging and intimate delicacy. The A3rx-c's lag behind the A5's in these two areas, but only just.This takes NOTHING away from the A5's, as they are particularly special to me....but I think most people (myself and Jon included) have severely underestimated the quality of the Arx midwoofer as a midrange driver. Its a damn good midrange driver. It also has a...
ghettob170, I'll also piggyback onto what Jon and Ousooner said. With the A5's, you will come to the realization that some recordings simply ARE sibilant because they are poor recordings. So, while decreasing your toe-in is solid advice, there are some recordings where the A5s will reveal the flaws to a degree that other loudspeakers do not. This would be akin to having somebody wipe the residue off of one's eyeglasses and causing one to realize that their girlfriend...
Nothing publicly available yet.
Roger that.Also, I was reading in your sig line about your media server. At the risk of a slight thread de-rail, can you tell me more about that? What format(s) do you store your audio and video files in?
That's slick. I really like the Mopads because you can shave the foam behind the front ledge to alter the angle if necessary.
Believe it or not, the difference you hear is actually almost entirely relegated to the tuning of the crossover. The new tweeter, because it has a different roll-of on the low end, allows some different tuning.....that is actually what you are hearing. I hear it too.Jon has his hands full with business stuff for now with the creation of Chane HT, but he's still exploring the tweeter upgrade path. It all comes down to how easy would it be to swap parts out for the user. He...