or Connect

Posts by Nuno C

Hi Marty, I must admit I too have had some difficulty following the 'find-and-cancel' instructions. This is how I understand it. Reverse the + and - wires on the back of the main speakers. Go into AVR/Pre-amp setup Set distance of mains to lowest setting Play test tone Using AVR/Pre-Amp 'distance' option increase slowly while making notes of the SPL registered at MLP. The lowest recorded is the correct 'distance' option. Set that as the mains 'distance' and move main...
A9X, Definitely thinking along various new lines.... With your option 2 what impact would the passive xover have on the coax driver post DSP? Either way you reckon I should get something like the minidsp 2x4 http://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4 and a 4 channel amp (nu4-6000) As much as I would like to investigate this option further.... If you add up the cost of the minidsp ($120), nu4-6000 ($350) and two AE 15tdH (2x $329) At the total cost of...
My AVR with only two channels actually performs pretty good all things considered. It certainly can provide more power than the front speakers could handle. I hooked up the front L/R to my Rotel 1575 and up to reference volume I doubt in a double blind I could tell the difference. At 91db they are pretty sensitive. http://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/rx-a3000/rx-a3000-measurements-cont I actually have some acoustic panels up but have 50 50mm high density...
Hello Everyone, So I have been reading some old and new threads about getting better bass... mid bass to be exact. Using this as a reference - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1281387/what-is-mid-bass-range#post_19296365 I have been thinking about DIY solutions for increasing/supplement my mid to upper bass - ideally the 50-250Hz range. See about getting more of that 'punch' everyone talks about. I am pretty happy with sub 50Hz although I do plan on getting one or two more...
For the record.... If there is sufficient materials (no immediate need so willing to wait several months) I will take queue slots 47 and 48... Blah please check/confirm my queue math. Mark, will send you an email with details just in case things work out.
Could someone check my math... Looking to replace my RSS460 18 Dayton Dual-Opp Here is the drivers reaching Xmax but at roughly double the power difference Here is the SPL difference - biggest difference is at 10Hz no doubt due to the greater UXL xmax I find it hard to believe that I need double my AMP power to a superior driver in order to get 2dB extra. From what I've read here on AVS it seems the QTC in a 230L for the UXL is really low (
Hello All, I have a dual opposed 230L Dayton RSS460-4 18 currently. Based on the response to these two questions - I will probably take two. 1 - Can Mark please confirm what is the shipping weight in metric for a single unit in the box? (Ideally needs to be less than 32kg) 2 - Can anyone confirm if the UXL is a straight drop in for the Dayton? They both state a cut-out of 424mm. Thanks.
SUCKER !!!!! My work here is done.... (at least you saved $50 on the PE special) I already started my build over the weekend. Should have it finished by the 15th hopefully. I will be happy to run some tests and give some impressions comparing the two but my set-up will be different than yours. I got a DO Dayton 18 460HO in a 240L and shortly will welcome the DO LMS-R in 120L. I'm going to do it anyway. I am on 230V however... not sure how much a difference that would...
Thanks for your feedback Cubalis. That is great news and I no longer have to worry about setting up any power limiters in the DSP. I already started making the braces and front baffles today.Will create a build thread once I have made some decent progress.I assume you running each driver at 4Ohm off the two iNuke 6k channels.... is that correct?Strange you mention that the dual-opposed is 'less potent at the lowest Freq's then one of your Ultra's'. I was hoping the two 15...
Thinking I might be over thinking this. ... I am pretty close to ideal, so I reckon I should go ahead, call it a day and build this 120L box. Will get started this weekend unless someone comes back with a better idea.