or Connect

Posts by wtxgringo

All Channel Stereo does the same thing, when I'm watching a blu ray or whatnot, I always use Audyssey DSX & it sends sound to all 7.1 channels with my 818.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/618137/calling-all-polkies-official-polk-thread/34500#post_24604285 Here's a great place to ask your ?s. You'll get tons of advice LOL.
Why not email Onkyo & see if they'll do a one time out of warranty repair & keep it as a backup; that's what I did.
How close/far is Denver City to S.A.? I'm planning to be back in S.A. for good in around 3 years or so. I'm all the way over on the NM state line near Hobbs, SA is a good 7 hr drive from here & another 3 from there to Galveston which I dearly love!
Yep, the horns are nice too, even better on the st for Oblivion. Really like Susanne Sundor's voice!!
Thx you guys. I appreciate all your nice comments Had to switch from my cell ph cuz it's too dang slow with this site ugh. Maybe that's my next upgrade, have an HTC One now & would love an iPhone or S3?
Thx, it's been a labor of love of sorts. This house was built in '66 & I grew up here & moved back in in '97 cuz my pop had moved away & was renting it out & they were tearing up the place, anyway, it's all mine now & has taken me this long just to get some decent sound in here lol. I always hated white walls so was an easy decision to paint all the rooms a different color hehe. I really want new furniture, couch lazboy etc so maybe one of these years when I'm done...
Some say the 7s are too bright, but to me they sound great. I listen to a lot of classical, have the soundtrack to Man of Steel on now, its heavy on drums & bass strings & I couldn't be happier if I was a bug in a rug lol. Course, the sub does the heavy work etc. It's all up to the individual I imagine.
FedEx finally got here mid afternoon with the new A5s & both boxes had big holes in em but luckily when I unpacked em, look fine & sound even better now that I reran Audyssey & have a cd in Also got new cables from Sewell & didn't expect to have to do surgery, but one of the plugs came off the cable guess in shipping or poor qa, either or, was a simple fix but, still! Got the Silverback 12awg, maybe this'll fix my Dish thump prob with Dolby Digital Ha!
Seems pretty obvious something is amiss with your 609, contact the ebay seller & request a refund & if they won't, then contact ebay with your concerns! Between ebay & the seller you should have no probs resolving your nonworking unit! Prob is a faulty hdmi board failing...