or Connect

Posts by pertuccia

Mint Condition PT AE-4000u projector with only 412 hours on ORIGINAL bulb, always ran in eco mode. Projector kept in dedicated home theater with air purification that ran 24/7. Projector has near perfect panel alignment and no dust blobs. Projector comes with 50ft HDMI cable, remote, manual and power supply. Buyer responsible for shipping, handling, and insurance cost. Just make me an offer, realistic please.
I too also like the effect of 120hz on certain material, which is one of the reasons why i purchased the Panisonic AE 4000u. Its called creative frame interpolation on the panasonics, and yes it does have the same effect it has on televisions, while adding more depth to the picture as well. I like the effect on a low setting while watching film and for animation i use it at its highest setting and it looks great, giving material a live broadcast look or "soap opera...
Wow! Thanks captain positive! You may have had problems with your panny, or you read the "please help posts" too much, but there are tons of members here, and members of NE Ohio avs club that have the 4000 with bulbs 1000 hrs+ without issue. Just enjoy the picture of your Pj and I'll do the same..
I ended up getting a 4000u, it arrived last Thursday. All I can say is holy s**t! This thing looks so awesome, I don't regret the decision for a second, already have 30 hours on it and I'm still taken back every time I turn it on.. If anyone is on the fence just buy this thing!
2000 dollars can get you some very nice projectors. The panasonic ae 4000u is very feature focused with frame interpolation, a faux scope feature for scope movies without a lens, and tons of picture tweaking options all for 2000.The picture is amazing. If you dont mind black bars or make custom masks the scope feature is not necessary. Also look at newer LCD tvs that have 120 or 240hz, see if you like the "live digital look", if you don't like it you won't need the...
I really could care less about 3d, avatar was cool, but the 3d's intensity seems to wear off after awhile. Plus the glasses are a PITA, especially the cost of them. When speaking of 2010 PJ's, will there be such a great jump in contrast and performance over say.....the ae4000u? I see sanyo announced a new model with a msrp or 2500$, but what will the real price be?? I'm thinking next years upgrade to the epson 8100 will have CFI, inorganic panels, and a contrast the...
So here's the dilemma. Its MAY already and that means summer. Summer for me equals less time watching movies and more, well.......... you know, outdoor stuff. Anyways, got my home theater built, wired, and surround sound, but should i wait for the new line of projectors. I'm speaking specifically of the successors to Panasonic AE4000u, Mits 3800, Epson 8100 and 8500ub ect ect. If I buy an AE4000u now, and then in October the AE5000 drops at $1800 with 500,000:1 and...
I had the same problem as u recently and another forum member suggested posting in the local meet section. Some forum members were kind enough to demo their PJ's for me and it has helped a lot with my decisions. I cant find the link, but look under "area home theater meet". Then select your area and post. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to let you see what your missing. Good luck..
Thanks for the link, I posted in the ne Ohio section, but the last post was mid march...well see what happens I guess.
I'm sort of at a loss. I cannot find anywhere I can demo a ht projector in my area. Before I drop $2000 on a ae4000 u ,I would like to see good ht setup whether it be dlp or LCD. I live in the Parma, brooklyn,Cleveland, OH area. Can anyone suggest such a place. Does anyone live in my area where i could view one? I'm willing to pay a fee for your bulb time. My theater is done, all I have to do now is order the pj and screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated....