or Connect

Posts by bradvido

I have SageTV (v7), which records Hi-Def over-the-air content as mpeg2 files. Sage has built in compression, however it does not fit my needs and there is apparently no way to customize it. So I am using Handbrake to do my compression. The problem is that some of the videos have some corrupted frames (inevitable with over-the-air recordings, even though my signal is 99%). This causes handbrake to fail. I'd like to be able to clean the recordings with some piece of...
It just doesn't make sense to me as to why they call this High Definition audio and not have a port for spdif? In the settings, i can click on the wrench icon for the digital settings and toggle spdif output on/off. Damn realtek. Do you have any suggestions for either an external digital sound adapter (with spdif out), or internal would work too. I have PCI and PCIe slots open. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just want my surround sound to work! Thanks for...
I got the adapter from radio shack. I plugged it into the green port (I've since tried all ports), and ran an RCA cable from it to the spdif/coax in on my amp. Still no sound. I've confirmed that the coax input on my amp works (with the same rca cable) using a different audio source. I have no idea how to get digital output from this "Realtek HD Audio" setup. See attached #1 for what the Realtek configuration menu looks like. Any ideas? Could it possible need a mini...
I don't believe the orange interface is SPDIF... According to the documentation it is center/subwoofer out. Thanks for the tip on the radio-shack part. I have many mini-to-RCA adapters, but they are all split RCA. Would using 1/2 of the split end work?
I am trying to do the same thing as this guy:http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51...-digital-soundHowever, i can not find the mini-jack to RCA adapter that he claims he used...HDMI isn't an option for me in this case.
I have this mainboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813141012 It says that it does digital audio, but it only has headphone outputs. From what i've read, you can hook up a digital coax cable to the green line-out, and get a digital signal to your amp's coax RCA port. However, i've not been able to find any mini to RCA connectors. The one's I've found are split into L/R channels for stereo audio. Any suggestions?
OK, I just installed Windows7 32 bit and performed the ION hack on my Revo 1600. I believe the ION hack worked (it said warning unsigned driver when I installed, and now shows i have DirectX 11 support). So I downloaded and installed the latest (March 1) nightly build of XBMC. I have had success using hardware acceleration in other video players, however when trying to play a .tp file (Over-the-air HD recording, MPEG-2), XBMC did not appear to perform hardware...
Just a heads up, looks like the new (released yesterday) Boxee Beta (XBMC's first cousin) takes advantage of the Revo's GPU pretty seamlessly. Here's a quote from the article @ http://blog.boxee.tv/2009/12/07/the-boxee-beta/
Is it confirmed that you do indeed need the new (broken audio) versions on the NVIDIA drivers to use the beta flash with ION optimization? Has anyone gotten this to work? Thanks!