or Connect

Posts by chuga

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178109 79$ with promo Wish they had the 3tb on sale.... Chuga
Hi Any ideas on how to fix low volume in mb3 when playing movies? No issues in WMC watching tv,etc. I leave htpc volume is maxed. I don't use a receiver, just TV speakers (panny plasma 50st50). Example, when watching TV the volume set at 10. Watching a movie in mb3 it is set to 55 on the tv. Is there a lav setting I need to adjust? I don't recall this issue in mb2. Lav was installed with mb3. Thanks Chuga
good idea on the ortek and rosewill. Any suggestions on where to pull all these dongles? where do people put them for best line of sight? I've thought about trying to velcro it to the top of the TV or something. thanks chuga
I did try the learn function using the Rosewill remote. Interestingly, on the harmony I can choose "help" and tell it the HTPC is not powered on. It sends a signal and asked if it is fixed. If I choose "no" a few times and let it try it sometimes turns on the HTPC. Its like the harmony tries different poweron commands or something each time you choose "no" to the issue being fixed. I have no way of seeing what IR command it sends.
I have a similar issue, still trying to fix it. I picked up a Rosewill R126 remote to replace my Ortek remote (I use a harmony one, just the ortek or rosewill receiver). The reason I moved to Rosewill was to have access to Harmony's "Microsoft media center se" profile which has many more options. That said, now I can't wake the HTPC from sleep with the harmony. The Rosewill receiver will wake it from sleep. I have tried power toggle and discrete power on commands....
Hi, I have been battling this for weeks, and tried lots of different things. Any help getting this resolved would be great. I recently started converting TS to mkv....and realized I lose FF/RW capabilities after converting about 100 movies (too late to turn back). I did post on this awhile back, and tried shark codec, etc with limited success. I was using strictly WMC (live tv) and MB for playback. Now I using MPC-HC (as most people here seem to do) lauched from...
I did used to enable the "turn of while playing" option. What used to plague me was the remote commands would just stop working for no reason, and I would have to reboot to get it fixed. imon has a test program you can run to display any IR commands being received and I spend hours trying to troubleshoot the issue. I must say...no issues after moving to a different receiver. There is another drawback - imon did allow (with the fusion) a true poweroff/poweron option. ...
Hi I wanted to ask about recommended sound settings for HTPC. To start, this not via AVR but direct connection of HTPC to TV via HDMI. ---windows 'sound' settings - what to turn on/off. Assassin has some posts on enabling loudness equalization and other options in the sound control panel ---codec settings - recently installed shark codec (as I am fiddling around trying to get FF/RW working on mkv) - options for using LAV audio (or not) and other settings here around...
I think it was made by "Zorn Software", but a quick search looks like the site may be down? if you google "zorn windows 7 library tool" you can dig up some info. Here is an article on it http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/08/windows-7-library-tool/
I unplugged the LCD display on my fusion. It was horrible quality - very washed out and bright and I could not read anything (and distracting to have on during a movie). I could just have gotten a bad LCD, so not sure if this is all Fusions. That said, I do not miss the feature of having a display on a HPTC and if rebuilding would not look for one. If I order another IR remote / receiver it will be one with microsoft protocol. I don't think you can find the actual...