or Connect

Posts by dave73

As close as you are to Chicago, larger antennas are unnecessary. My Winegard HD-1080 is nearly (if not exactly) the same as the Solid Signal HD1080X. It's a good antenna for how close you are to Chicago, but I have found that it didn't work as well for me on RF 12 (and mine is outdoors). For UHF, no problem at all. If you don't get RF 12 with the 2 bay antenna(don't expect to get WBBM-TV on RF 26 from Park Ridge, due the sharp null in your direction, & even if you do...
Satellite doesn't carry Livewell Network in their subscriptions. They only carry the local main channels (.1's). They don't carry any subchannels, except for markets where a CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, CW, & MNT are on a subchannel. With that in mind, you won't find Bounce, This TV, Livewell Network, Create, Movies, or Get TV on satellite, if they're not on the main channel. For Chicago & other markets, this also has an unintended consequence, when you factor in some stations...
For me, I'm too far to get their translator on RF 26. I've never had any problems getting RF 12 though. I already tried with those 2 TV's I bought, thinking the problem was my TV, & bought new TV's, & didn't get WBBM-TV's translator. If they would have been allowed to have it on the Sears Tower as originally planned, I'd get it. That's ok though, cause I don't want to deal with 2 2.1's. I had to deal with WLS-TV mapping both RF 7 & RF 44 to 7.1 - 7.3, until last year,...
Even with those choices, RF 5 will not work with those choices. VHF-LO seems to only work with outdoor antennas with element antennas, optimized for those frequencies. If the OP insists on an indoor antenna, he'll have to see if he can get RF 11, or he'll have to go without PBS.Like Calaveras mentioned, if the OP can't live with what he can get OTA (if he can get anything at all), cable TV will be the only choice. At least with cable, he'd also get WZZM, which he won't...
Rabbit ears are next to impossible to get any station on VHF-Lo, which would be WGVK on RF 5. The best way to get any VHF-Lo station is an outdoor antenna. I don't know how big your window is, but it might be possible to try a set of dipoles pulled out, so it's optimized for RF 5, & have it in a fixed position at the window. Otherwise, you might have to see if you can pull in RF 11, which is much farther than RF 5. If you can't get either RF 5 or RF 11 (both stations...
I know in a number of markets where Ion Media has stations, they dropped Airbox from their bandwidth, because the service was never launched. Instead, they decided to add HSN & QVC OTA to their bandwidth, & must be making money from it. I forgot when it was that Airbox was removed from WCPX Chicago, but I know it was either earlier this year, or late last year.
I checked around 2:30 yesterday afternoon, right before I went to work, & it's back to normal. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who had the problem of my TV locking up on me when on their channel. I just hope something like this doesn't happen again. I will most likely return the Vizio TV too (even with WYCC's problem fixed), just because the TV requires the remote, just to operate it. There's not a single button on this TV (not even a power button). Otherwise,...
Anyone having problems with WYCC? I have a problem with the station on my Insignia TV, where the channel locks up when I put it on 20.1 - 20.3, & not be able to change channels at all, once I put it on one of those channels. I also can not shut off the TV when that happens. I bought 2 TV's, an RCA & a Vizio, & did a full scan on those TV's, & neither one would even pick up WYCC on RF 21, but they had no problem picking up all the LPTV stations from Chicago, including...
With me being around 30 miles from Chicago, WOCK-CD is not easy to get at only 300 watts. I have an outdoor antenna optimized for VHF-Lo (wish my VHF only antenna were longer, but they're not priorities for the antenna makers anymore), along with a pre-amp, but that weak signal makes it difficult to get parts of the year (much worse when it's 80ยบ F & higher). When they experimented with .81kw & 1kw, I got them better (not great, but pixelated a lot less). I got WBBM-TV...
I'm not Chgo1967, but I can answer your question on WESV-LD. Yes, they're still airing Estrella TV on 40.1, & in 720p HD. Since WESV-LD only covers part of Chicago & the south suburbs, having Estrella TV on 41.2 makes it available for those on the north side of Chicago & northern suburbs. Since WOCH-CD went digital, I can no longer get the station, due to being on RF 49, & it's sharply nulled toward Indiana. That is due to WAAA-LP Westville, IN also being on RF 49, &...