or Connect

Posts by arigg

Yes, I have to admit, I sort of eyeball that part, trying to get it to point up directly towards the ceiling, looking from a couple different angles and trying to get it as straight up and down as my eyes can see. I don't really level it out with a tool or anything.So, I got home before the girflriend was off work and had time to recalibrate the system again in nearly complete silence. I did a one off calibration with only one listening position, and viewed the results. I...
REW yeah, SPl meter. I need to invest in some proper gear though for calibration though. You guys rock. Thanks!
Awesome guys, thanks so much for your feedback. I lurk around and read a lot, so your help is super appreciated!I am thinking it could only be a fluke as well.For a second, I’d like to hold the assumption, that I kept the subwoofer gain at the same level (VTF3MKIII: kept in max extension at nine o clock, crossover “out”, etc. etc.), and that mic placement was the exact same as my previous calibration (doubtful, but for the sake of argument):It only stands to reason that...
Agreed, if its not broke why fix it....but then I wouldn't be on AVSFORUM if I thought that were at all true. I'm a bit obsessive, excuse my looooongggg wwwwiiinnnddeedddnnnessss. haha. It is confounding though right, it 'ought' to sound the same, but I assure you it is quite different. My girlfriend noticed as well that the difference between having the reference offset at 15 seemed to make the LFE effects (starships going to warp, or phaser blasts, oh god, this is...
I emailed my friend at work and he seems to have some idea about what it may be, does this sound right? "The pneumatic pseudo-reference level in juxtaposition to the inherited subjugated coaxial terms of endearment, when taken into account Sauron and Lord Voldemort, obliged to interfere with the results of your calibration process. Dude, try calibrating it with different settings on the sub (gain, volume, etc.) It's weird that Audyssey went all whacko." -Anonymous (AVS...
I'm a bit perplexed about a problem I've noticed with MultEQ XT calibration on my Denon 2113ci and Audyssey Dynamic EQ. Last night, I decided to toy around with my system before watching a shiny new Star Trek Into Darkness blu ray. I was looking to change my rear speaker placement, and after doing so re-ran my Audyssey calibration, changing nothing but my rear speaker placement by raising them a foot or so above their original positions. Front, Center, and Subwoofer...
That was it. No more static sound. perfect. and have decided the hum is EMI. Appreciate it!
Yes it does. Sounds like soft static. Or port chuffing. Without anything plugged in except the power chord. Thanks for all your help and the awesome product. If it were up to me I'd buy one or possibly four of everything you make.!!!!!!!!! In the mean time I'll be banking up for your mbm and your 15H's!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay. I'm likely to annoy people by asking a repeat question. But........ how much better is MultEQ XT over 2EQ, subjectively. Read the Audessey site looked at the graphs.... etc. But I bought a new Denon with considerable weight favoring the Audessey upgrade in my decision: with Bass correction especially. I want tight sexy comfortable bass, not the boom boom in my zoom zoom ear shattering of a less than perfect room! I want to be impressed: will I be!?!? thanks guys!
You guys rock Thanks for the info. I'm fairly certain its EMI. Tried everything and received reassurance that even naked f type to RCA adapter can be fair game for EMI. .