or Connect

Posts by bwturner1951

I call this my practical system because I have no dedicated space in the house nor unlimited financial resources to build the kind of dream HT system that I would like. This represents a compromise that my wife and I arrived at after discussing our combined AV and interior design needs. We're both very pleased with the result. AV Components Denon AVR-2212ci A/V receiver Denon AVR-789 A/V receiver Samsung UN46D7000 3D LCD TV Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-Ray player Yamaha NS-C310...
Great questions YeOldMetalHead. I'll be interested in hearing responses as I have the same issue with Sirus/XM. I'm using a Sirius Home Connect Tuner with an external roof mounted antenna that feeds the sat signal into my Denon 789 receiver. My newer Denon 2112ci is internet capable (ethernet, not wi-fi) so I could easily convert to that if the bit rates/SQ are better via internet Sirius/XM.
Hi folks. I'm relatively new to the NAS streaming solution and need some advice please. Sorry for the noob questions. I just purchased the WD Live 2TB and want to stream Blu-Ray movies and high quality (256 kbs or FLAC) audio files to my Denon 2112ci. I've learned that I can't use the WiFi/SmartHub feature on my Samsung TV b/c it won't support audio files above 192 kbs. That's why I decided to go with the NAS solution and put all my iTunes files on it. Is it...
Interesting discussion here ladies and gents. I gave up Sirius about a year ago when I got so hacked off at them for keeping the Sirius and XM components separate, requiring a subscription to each even if you have an XM ready radio HU in your car and a Sirius Home Connect tuner in your home. My wife really likes Sirius though so last night I relented and reinstated my account. I signed up for one radio (Sirius HomeConnect connected to my A/V system) and internet...
Copied over from the Denon AVR 789 thread.Thanks for the suggestion JD. After experimenting this weekend with 1) an ethernet connection to my 2112, 2) Apple Express wireless connection (client mode) to my 2112 and 3) the Samsung SmartHub to give me network connectivity I concluded that using the original Sirius HomeConnect Tuner would give me the best results and keep my system from becoming too internet/iPhone/SmartPhone dependent. When there's an important firmware...
Thanks for the reply penguin. That confirms my suspicions and now leads me down another path to get iTunes streamed to my A/V system. My Denon 2112 has an ethernet port but I was hoping to avoid running CAT 6 cable between floors of my house. Plus, the Denon network GUI is primitive compared to the Samsung's SmartHub. I guess I'll give up aesthetics and ease of use for functionality in this case. [tantrum]Why can't we have it both ways!??? [/tantrum}
Does anyone use the SmartHub Music app on the UNxx7000 to stream music from their computer to their A/V system? Anyone use an NAS music server for the same purpose? I find that when I use the NAS server, the TV will only play music files of MP3 format and not M4As. Any file with a bit rate over 192 kbs results in a 'Not Supported Format' error on the TV. Also, when I connect my NAS server, the TV sees only it and not my computer any longer, both of which are connected...
On the issue of Sirius/XM inputs, I'm at a decision point and need some assistance in making it. Should I run Cat 5/6 cable from my router to the 2112ci in order to get Sirius Radio (and other stuff?) or use my existing Sirius HomeConnect Tuner? One other thing I'm trying to accomplish is eliminating the need for the Roku, through which I mostly listen to Pandora Radio. Here's my proposed setup to get Sirius Radio using my existing equipment with no ethernet connection to...
Just got my UN46D two weeks ago and this bias lighting sounds like a great idea. There's a trip to Home Depot in my future. Thanks for posting that link.
Yes, just did. Thanks for the enlightenment on the impedance matching speaker selector. Using such a device would eliminate the ability for a 3rd source (for whatever reason) to be played simultaneously under my existing setup, right?