or Connect

Posts by Bryan_CoxPHX

This is not true, just disconnect your Ethernet cable for an evening or day, and you will see that everything does still record. If it does not something is wrong with your TiVo.Everything will still record as long as the stored guide data is still valid and until it runs out.
The TiVoHD and all Series 3 TiVos, cannot display MPEG4/H.264 channels. The TiVoHD most likely has the hardware capabilities, but TiVo chose not to update the SW. Even the Series 4 Premieres needed a SW update after Cox launched the MPEG4/H.264 channels, they also were not capable of displaying Copy Protected H.264 channels until May 2012.Premieres and Roamios work fine now with the Contour (formerly Plus Pak) MPEG4/H.264 channels.Cox CableCARD and Retail Devices - The...
Setting everything to "Keep Until I Delete" is a very bad practice, and will certainly impact performance and recordings, especially at over 90% full.I used to set some SPs to KUID, but do not any more, I try never to let my TiVos get over 80% full (w/ 2TB HDDs). Nothing is going to get auto deleted @ 80% full, as long as you set SPs to Keep all Episodes, especially if you reboot every few weeks.
If you hold the Skip-to-Tick button(s) for too long it is designed to Skip to End (or Beginning)
What part of the Valley are you in, I've seen before where a single channel mapping gets dropped on CableCARDs for just one Hub. Check your Diagnostics and see if the channel has a CableCARD association and is assigned a frequency.If you haven't already try rebooting the Tuning Adapter.1. Unplug the USB of the TA2. Unplug the AC to the TA3. Wait three minutes4. Plug in the Power to the TA BUT NOT the USB5. Wait three minutes, or until the green light goes solid (may take...
AMCPHD - 1043 @ 147MHz is working for me in the SE Valley (Chandler Hub). I checked to see if it has been converted to SDV, and it has not. In other News, I see Cox has dropped HBO Comedy HD - 1204 and TMC Xtra HD - 1251, Two Premiums I pay for are no longer broadcasting Additional changes are listed here: http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support/tv/article.cox?articleId=241f0100-e8c1-11e2-5f64-000000000000 "Cox is making this change to free up space to enable Cox to...
I was told by Cox that the Variety Pak would be the most likely placement for FXX, when it gets changed. Tribune Media (Zap2It.com) is listing FXXHD on channel 1167 which would place it in the Variety Pak, But they also still list it on 1339 where it is currently active in my area. Tribune is known to jump the gun sometimes on channel changes. But I assume someone at Cox gave them that info, as it lines up with what I was...
I was getting FXXHD on 1339 up until this week (and I do not subscribe to the Sports Pak), now FXXPHD on 1339 is showing Channel not Authorized.FXXPHD on 1167 has been in the Guide on my TiVo for several weeks but is not currently mapped to a frequency.The Cox Listings do not show FXXPHD on 1167 as available, yet, still showing 1339http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/watch/entertainment/tv-listings.coxI hope Cox gets FXXHD moved to the Variety Pak by the start of Legit in...
Uncheck the 1080p (pass-thru-only) option in the Video Settings.Settings > Video > Video Output FormatAnd only check 1080i (or also 720p if you wish, I only use 1080i) The Premiere Series 4 CPU does not handle 1080p(24) very well.It looks like TiVo actually disabled 1080p(24) for Netflix in the latest SW update SW Vers 20.3.7.1a1080p (pass-thru-only) used to work with Netflix on the Premieres, I am not sure if it was a TiVo SW update that broke it or Netflix Super HD, but...
Don't spend the money for the TiVo Wireless N Adapter - $89.99Any Wireless to Ethernet gaming adapter or Wireless Bridge will work fine. A Dual-Band Wireless Bridge would be the best if you have a Dual-Band router. 5GHz Dual-Band is really needed if you plan to use Multi-Room Streaming (MRS) over WiFi.The D-Link DAP-1522 is often on sale for $49.99http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-Gigabit-Extender-DAP-1522/dp/B001769K3O/NETGEAR Universal N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi to...