or Connect

Posts by Replay9999

i use WiRNS to set up recording schedules for my Replay 4xxx. I got instructions from somewhere (over a year ago) that told me how to force a send of the schedule to the Replay. I've never gotten that to work. The schedule eventually gets where it's supposed to go and the programs get recorded. But once in awhile I try to do something within a couple of hours of the time the program is to start. That instruction to record does not get to the Replay in time. What...
Since disabling sending of enter I have had no further problems recording the religious channel when I was really trying to record the DIY channel. Thanks again for all the help.
I've never had a problem tuning manually. It's only been with programs scheduled to record, and then only intermittently.
Thanks. That got me where I needed to be. It took me a couple of days because the machine on which I was running WiRNS died last Sunday. I've been rebuilding this week. The first time I tried the above instructions I hadn't gotten WiRNS running and so I was unable to complete the process since the Replay didn't have anywhere to look for schedule guide stuff, etc. So, I've disabled the sending of enter. Now I'll have to set some things to record on Channel 204, and see...
I just went looking for the options screen and didn't find it. I have a Replay 40xx. I clicked on the menu button and then the setup button. I didn't find a way to change the IR code. Did I miss something, or were you assuming a different model Replay?
Thanks. I'll give that a try, too.
Mine says DCT700 on the label.I'll give that a try. I haven't heard of the "fine tuning options" before. Where do I look for those? Otherwise, I could swap it for a newer model down at the Comcast office. Thanks for the ideas.
Very infrequently -- no more than once every couple of months -- I set up to record a program on channel 204 (DIY Network) but instead get channel 20 (one of the religious channels). I always thought that somehow Comcast was messing up over night, since that's when it tended to happen. This afternoon I caught it in the act. I noticed the Replay was recording and turned the TV on to see what it was. The program I saw was one of the religious channels and not the DIY...
Resolved. I'm going to take a guess here and decide that the power failure was responsible for the fluke. The 2nd evening after the power was off we watched some recorded shows. That's when we discovered commercial skip not working. My wife got out the ReplayTV yellow book and looked up what we needed to do to get it working again. We drilled down the menus and found the place where we enable commercial skip as a default recording feature. It already said that it was...
I've observed it on new recordings. I didn't think to look back at old recordings. I'll have a look. I'm not sure I knew about that. I knew it had to do something during recording but I didn't realize that it didn't always do that.This part I understand and use regularly, choosing not to skip commercials when playing back programs recorded on public broadcasting. We've found that there are occasional scenes in some of those shows that have a "fade to black" event between...