or Connect

Posts by Headphone_guru

This is an extremely long thread and I don't know if this has been mentioned yet...but in my experience with Xbox and gaming, things are a little different. You need to either buy headphones specifically marketed for xbox or you can open up the entire gaming headphone market by getting a 2.5mm to 3.5mm dual headphone/mic adapter. I would post a link here, but didn't know if it was against rules to post an amazon link. I have posted a link on my gaming headphone page...
This is not a one size fits all answer, but as jbrooks noted headphones have different resistances than your home speaker system would have. Even low end full-size headphones are often at or above 32 ohms. Head-fi is probably your best source for this.If you want to learn more head that way, but the short of it is you will be better off having a seperate headphone amp.
I've been in and out of the forums on several sites the last couple of days and keep seeing folks looking for bass focused headphones. So, I took the liberty to come up with a few recommendations for folks. If you have anything to add, post here and I'll add to the page. Or even if you have specific model recommendations to add in different category areas. Thanks! Controlled and correct kind of Bass Sure, bass headphones should be , well, bass emphasized...but it...
Sony MDR-DS6000 only has one optical input, but it gets rave reviews...and since Sennheiser launched its new 160,170,180 line it has dropped below $200 now.
There are plenty of reviews out there on the new Sennheiser wireless line (160,170,180)... you just have to know where to look. Since they are new it takes time for the reviews to get to a spot on the web for you to be able to find them for two reasons. One is obvious being it simply takes time to purchase ,evaluate, and then write your review. The other is often overlooked and is what the current problem is. Once you post a page on the web it takes time for google to...
I'd like to sugget a pair for you, but in my opinion you should be getting 2 seperate pairs for your purposes. The headphones are going to last you about 2-seconds if you use them for biking and at work. Biking lends itself to getting your headphones caught on many things, degredation by sweating and you should'nt be wearing noise cancelling while biking...it's a serious safety hazard. For biking, if you must have an earbud/in-ear style go for something cheap (because...
Little Dot mkIII or the Zero headphone Amp from ebay are good starter choices. Personally I'd get a DAC/AMP combo and bypass your audio card. You can read my headphone amp suggestions at best-headphone-review.com or as other have suggested head-fi will probably have specific posts about your headphones. Since I can't link until my third post...Just go to head-fi and search "AKG K702 amp" and read what they have to say. Hope this helps.
Here is a a good write up from head-fi from user Kool Bubba Ice that gives good advice. I'd link it ,but AVS makes me post 3 times before I can link. Hope this helps.. Headphone_guru sidenote: This is what you want in a gaming headphone not headset as many gaming specific headsets with microphones are actually quite poor for gaming because of soundstage. You can get a clip-on mic or desktop for very cheap that are better than many that come with a headset. Some...