or Connect

Posts by jrlnc

SOLD!
Offered for sale is a lightly used (like new) Yamaha Universal Blu-ray player. This is a high-end player that plays all discs of these types: o Blu-ray o DVD (video) o DVD-Audio o SACD (Super Audio CD) o CD It also has online apps that connect to Netflix, FilmFresh, etc. It supports iPhone/Android apps. It will output high resolution audio (DVD-A or SACD) as PCM or bitstream. It also supports BD-Live, 3D blu-ray and all lossless codecs (DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD) It can...
I have the same as you -- October with LJ serial number. I ran the slides for 100+/- hours and then used the latest post with settings from D-Nice which I think is LH. He said he hasn't worked on an LJ yet, but will provide settings when available.
Hi guys, I wanted to chime in here. I just got the A1010 last week and it has been working well -- way better than the Pioneer 53 that I returned. I took your suggestions about settings for the SACD playback. I use my HDMI cable and it is plugged in to my new Elite SC-55 receiver. I put the receiver on PURE DIRECT and changed my Yamaha to SACD on PCM. When I hit Status, I get the 176 fs on the Pioneer screen. What does fs mean? What kind of difference in sound...
I just wanted to add my comment. This was exactly the same thing I observed. I had no audio from the SURROUND RIGHT channel, and some of the front soundstage audio was coming from the SURROUND LEFT. I would immediately test the same disc on the Oppo, and the channel distribution was correct. That was the final straw for me, and I got an RMA and sent the player back. I now have the Yamaha BD-A1010 and couldn't be happier. It is solidly built, loads and starts very fast,...
Thanks kurolicious. I guess when all else fails -- RTFM!
Hi everyone. I just got the SC-55 yesterday. I did some Pure Direct SACD listening last night, but I wanted to get it calibrated with MCACC tonight to start trying it out on movies, CDs etc. I usually do 2 calibrations - one for plasma viewing and one for front projector viewing. I realize that when my FP screen is pulled down in front of the plasma it changes the room acoustics quite a bit. Well my first calibration I did with the screen pulled down. All...
If others didn't experience the audio problems that I did then my unit must have been faulty. One other thing, the audio problems did NOT pop up when I played SACDs through the hdmi output #2. I just couldn't stand that though because I would have no display at all of what was playing since there is no track # on the front panel. I ended up ordereing the Yamaha A1010. I hope it's better. I'm not going to have unrealistic expectations. The thread on that player is...
No, I'm using it to play SACDs bit streamed as DSD through HDMI. My receiver can handle that. I did a lot of testing tonight:I swapped out the HDMI cableI swapped HDMI inputs on the receiverI disconnected ethernetI turned off all HDMI CEC due to problems it causes with remotesI tried it on several multi-channel discsI parallel tested this with my Oppo player In all cases I used the Oppo with the Elite's cable and HDMI input. It never exhibited the problems of the...
I really wanted to like this player but it's no use to me as either an audio or video player at this point.Multi channel SACDs rear channels are really screwed up! There is NO output at all for the Surr Right channel. The Surr Left sounds twice the volume it should be and is possibly outputting one or both of the Front channels! Video quality on blu-ray is drab and dull looking. Soft, muted colors and mediocre contrast. For a player at this price with the Marvelle...