or Connect

Posts by dolphinc

Thanks for the info, i have had zero issues with mine and i do use a darbee. I just wasn't sure if there was a big enough difference in PQ to justify the upgrade. I will just keep the JVC for another year or two. I also have the Sony 790 and an Oppo 83 but really never use the Sony, I'll try it on the next movie and see if i can see a difference over the Oppo.
Just curious but is there a Hugh difference between the HW50 and the JVC X30? I have the X30 but have been looking at the HW50, i use it only for movies as i have a epson 8350 for tv and games, no interest in 3D. Thanks
How far from the screen will you be sitting? The white 1.0 will give you a slightly brighter image since your going to such a large screen. There are several distance calculators out there that can give you a real screen size to distance estimate but it sounds like you might get better all around results sticking around 130" or so inches unless you are planning on going all the way back 21' with your seats.
How far from the screen will you be sitting? The white 1.0 will give you a slightly brighter image since your going to such a large screen. There are several distance calculators out there that can give you a real screen size to distance estimate but it sounds like you might get better all around results sticking around 130" or so inches unless you are planning on going all the way back 21' with your seats.
I bought a few projectors from Crutchfield, very good company to deal with and they sell the Epson 5020. You could also ask if AVS sells Epson as well, if so they might be the best option since they are always helpful on these forums.
A friend of mine just bought a Epson 5020 and he has more of a family room setup and it produces a fantastic picture in 2D and 3D. Best bang for the buck. I have also seen the Panasonic ae8000 and to me the Epson wins out on pq quality especially in a room with some natural light.
Well I went through this about 7 months ago. I had (still have just not hooked up) the Pro 8100 for about 2 years when I got the upgrade bug. I really liked the 8100 and I was one of the lucky ones who had only slightly vertical banding which was 100% cured using a timer. I tried several projectors from the Epson 8250 to the BenQ W7000. After trying several projectors I decided on a 2 projector setup because I wanted 3D but also amazing PQ and black levels for 2D. I ended...
Hi, I currently have a JVC X3 (RS40) and I am worried about the continued lamp issues that everyone is complaining about so I may sell the X3 and buy the Sony hw50es. Has anyone here come from a JVC to the 50es and if so can you share your thoughts on the change? Thanks,
I was in your shoes a few months ago as I was deciding if I should trade in my X3 (RS40) for the Epson 5020 for the brightness levels, I decided to buy a Dalite 2.4 106" HP screen which made a huge difference on brightness without sacrificing blacks or shadow detail. I also just added a Epson 3020 for tv and 3D which has worked out perfect. I now have 2 projectors with a HP screen and the screen and 3020 cost me $600 less than buying the 5020.If you can do 2 projectors I...
Well I think you could answer your own question by asking yourself if you plan on keeping the projector for another year or two? If so you are going to end up buying another bulb anyway when the original dies. I bought 2 spares because I know that over the long haul I will need them and why wait until it dies, then have to order and wait for the new bulb to arrive. Order it and just run the current one until it dies then pop in the new one.