or Connect

Posts by Phacoman

I was able to figure out how to get my source to output in mono! I also searched the apple forums and surprise....hidden in the settings>general>accessibility section on both my iphone and iPad there is a selector to switch the audio to mono. I tested it and it works fine. Both speakers will output identical mono feeds now. I just have to remember to switch back to stereo when listening on my nicer listening zones inside the house. Not a big deal...I just have to...
Sorry, right. I typed before I thought. It's analog to analog. Duh. That's why I purchased this setup. My bad. Anyway, no, I don't know much about soldering.
I'm not sure how to do this. Airport express (AE) has only a digital out. The amp is analog only. So, I'm using a cable which on the AE end has a standard digital audio 3.5mm connector and on the amp end has standard red/white RCA male connectors which go into the LINE IN on the amp. Advice? Is there a different kind of audio cable which could be used here?
I've thought about this approach but each "zone", A and B, have both a left and right output. So, I'd have to choose to have one speaker as "A left" or "A right", and the other as "B left" or "B right". But, each speaker would be missing half the sound then, right? Or, will amps sense that there's only one speaker hooked up and output everything to that one speaker?
The amp does have the ability to drive two stereo pairs, labelled as Speakers A and B. It can drive them simultaneously if you choose A+B mode. I currently have my stereo pair wired to Speaker A left and Speaker A right. The instructions in the manual describe how to use bridged mode to power a single mono speaker but I'm not clear how to translate it to two mono speakers. The manual says (and I quote): For bridged mode playing Right and Left together as mono...
I know this topic is mentioned in many threads and I think I've read about all of them but still don't know the best solution to my setup so I need some assistance. I currently have two outdoor speakers wired as a stereo pair, driven by an AudioSource 100 amp. I have an apple airport express connected to the amp and I use the system for airplay while on my deck. The problem is that the sound from the stereo pair is (obviously) only good when standing in the middle...
Interesting....I have no experience with the airport express. So, if I understand correctly, the volume CAN be controlled while streaming to airport express but CANNOT be controlled while streaming to apple TV? So, do you basically just set the amp volume somewhere near the middle of the range and then not have to mess with it again? Then just use the iPhone volume control to tweak during listening? Since the airport express has analog out, I could also skip...
That's a great point about eliminating the Onkyo altogether. I guess my initial thought process was that I'd still like to be able to play a CD or set up Sirius/XM if I wanted at some point as switchable sources via the Onkyo. Looking ahead, I could probably play anything I needed to quite adequately using just the apple TV for iTunes. I can also easily just AirPlay my Pandora stations right from the phone. Thank you for this suggestion. I think my situation just got...
I considered the RF remote. I have a Harmony One in my main theater. I have the Logitech 890 in my upstairs TV area. It was expensive and doesn't work perfectly at all times. I'm not sure that's the best route but I'll check ebay and see if I can get a cheap one to try it out. That would still be another remote I'd have to go fetch in order to use the system though. Would be nice to get a cheap solution with just iPhone. Does anybody know if there is some sort of...
Interesting. How did you go about waterproofing the enclosure? Could you share any pictures of the setup? I have a good spot where I could do that but there's no power outlet so I'd have to rewire some stuff.