or Connect

Posts by Adrgha

Depends entirely on how much data I've added or changed that day, so it's hard to say. If nothing is changed syncing is obviously skipped. It would also depend on the speed of the HDD's you're using as well the speed of your CPU. Building the parity data with everything from scratch when I built the system took around 12-14 hours if I remember correctly, with about 10TB of data. I've set it to run at 4 AM when there's no chance I'm actually watching anything, and I've...
I see. Well, FlexRaids pooling makes a pretty good effort in putting similar things on the same drive instead of scattering it about. I don't know about hardware, I suppose it would depend on what you want to do with the server. I just used an Intel 755 board I had lying about, an old HUGE server tower (that can house at least 20 HDD's), and some parts I bought used to keep costs down. SATA controllers are by far the most expensive components in these storage rigs... I've...
Well, give it a go and see how you like it. They have a free trial that lasts for a month (I think). Why do you need to transfer data from unRaid though? Does unRaid alter the file structure of the drives? FlexRaid does not. When I built the server I looked at unRaid, but since I feared it would restrict me in terms of use that goes beyond it just being a NAS I decided to look at other options. Using Windows with remote access I can easily host, say a game server if I...
I've been using FlexRaid with WHS 2011 for about 9 months now, and I've been very happy with everything. I use it in snapshot mode with storage pooling + Raid infinity with 1x 3TB PPU and 8 DRU's (3x1,5TB, 5x2TB). I'm expanding storage along the way and I've not had any issues with it at all. I have a scheduled parity update every night to keep it in synch. It used to be free at first, but then from around easter last year you had to pay. I got in on the introduction...
They do through the 3rd party application "Llink": http://lundman.net/wiki/index.php/Llink
3TB drives should work if you format them in a computer prior to using them in a PCH. The PCH cannot currently format 3TB drives. At least that's my understanding of it. Don't have any 3TB drives myself to test.
AFAIK, the A-2X0 full BD menu support is a "bug", and not officially supported. I say "bug" because it was probably intentionally done, but that does not mean it could not be removed in the future. If it was official it would have been announced with big bold letters and the specs of the players would have been updated. It's obviously a very nice bonus for all A-2X0 owners, but I would not base my purchase on this just yet. It could also be that they're working on getting...
So what's the verdict on the Marvell video processor used in these, compared to say the HQV Reon-VX used by Onkyo or the Anchor Bay ABT2015 used by Denon? I'm thinking upscaling capabilities primarily.
Yeah I have a latest gen. Pioneer Kuro plasma display, which is why I'd like to control music playback from my laptop instead of using the TV. My laptop runs 24/7 anyway and I'd like to avoid having to turn on the power hog of a TV every time I want to listen to music. Plus, since it's a plasma I try to avoid having static images on it for too long. I already have a Popcorn Hour C-200 media player which I can use for music playback when I do have the TV on also. Never...
Thank you. I have used HDMI in the past to my current AVR, but the side effects were so annoying that I stopped using it altogether. When I switch inputs on the AVR, the display on my laptop will blink back and forth several times, closing the lid will cause HDMI to re-sync and so on and on. I wonder if it's possible to disable the "display portion" of the HDMI signal and only do audio? Windows will automatically extend/clone the Windows desktop when you connect something...